Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Parking Warning

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rj95lss
They use the money to get their crooked politician to D.C. Just saying...
Touche'.....I hope you're as excited as I am for Monday morning, I know I can't wait for my FREEEEEEE healthcare!!! I'm still hoping that Obama will take me on Air Force One and 'convince' me to change my mind too....no offense Dennis Kucinich.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Touche'.....I hope you're as excited as I am for Monday morning, I know I can't wait for my FREEEEEEE healthcare!!! I'm still hoping that Obama will take me on Air Force One and 'convince' me to change my mind too....no offense Dennis Kucinich.
I own my own business and i am just barely surviving this economy as I started it February 17th 2009. I don't have health insurance now and it costs WAY to much to add me to my Lady's. But I highly doubt I will fit the bill for the free health care either. That will only cover people who do NOT own a home, pay taxes, or work to support their families.

The only people who are going to benefit from that are people who are all ready completely dependent upon the government anyway. No, I will not be able to afford health insurance but I will still have to pay for other peoples. Unless of course, in this new bill it states, I have to have insurance. Then I am screwed...

Off topic but I thought it was ironic: My lady and I were at the grocery store the other night and there was a family of like 7 in the line next to us. They paid with food stamps for like $250 worth of food. We both felt bad for them and understood that they must need the help as 2 blue collar parents wouldn't be able to feed 7 mouths in the economy. But then when we both went to the parking lot at the same time they loaded their groceries they bought with food stamps into a Cadillac Escalade with 22in spinner wheels.

This is a prime example of what is wrong with our country...

Old 03-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off topic but I thought it was ironic: My lady and I were at the grocery store the other night and there was a family of like 7 in the line next to us. They paid with food stamps for like $250 worth of food. We both felt bad for them and understood that they must need the help as 2 blue collar parents wouldn't be able to feed 7 mouths in the economy. But then when we both went to the parking lot at the same time they loaded their groceries they bought with food stamps into a Cadillac Escalade with 22in spinner wheels.

I used to work in TV News and frequently entered homes of families, that sound similar this, to conduct (mostly crime related) interviews. Trust me in most of these houses you'll find a gigantic flat screen TV, XBox or PS3, and a surround sound system.

I'm just sayin....

Old 03-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Three Wheeling

I own my own business and i am just barely surviving this economy as I started it February 17th 2009. I don't have health insurance now and it costs WAY to much to add me to my Lady's. But I highly doubt I will fit the bill for the free health care either. That will only cover people who do NOT own a home, pay taxes, or work to support their families.

The only people who are going to benefit from that are people who are all ready completely dependent upon the government anyway. No, I will not be able to afford health insurance but I will still have to pay for other peoples. Unless of course, in this new bill it states, I have to have insurance. Then I am screwed...

i bet they had cable TV as well.

I think you should get audited to get food stamps

Old 03-19-2010, 12:16 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mjbrox
i bet they had cable TV as well.

I think you should get audited to get food stamps
Cable!?? Psh... I bet they had directTV with NFL sunday ticket and all the works!

Its sad to see people taking advantage of things that some people actually need.
I'm more of a "take care of yourself" kind of person, but at the same time I understand why some folks need the extra help. Unfortunately, instances like that make me lose trust in government programs that "help" people with finances.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Winching

Exactly,

When we saw that they had like 7 kids I felt bad for them and thought "these are the kind of people that need the help" and we didn't feel bad that some of our tax money went to helping them. But when we saw they all pill into that Caddy with 22in wheels I about **** myself...

Old 03-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I feel you guys! I stop at a little convenience store by my house, and there is always someone paying for candy and soda's with food stamps. They give them a Debit card so it isn't too obvious, but it is a different machine.

I can even understand getting stuff for kids so they don't feel different, but not sloppy fat adult losers that just have the munchies.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:10 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Thread officially hijacked!

Cam - There's too few people left with that mindset it seems.

RJ and OK - Makes me sick....Those same people drive up to my store in their (insert full size SUV) with 22" Rims and limo tint, and get medical equipment with their Medicaid coupon. Gotta love abusing the system. Obama-rama has said healthcare is "only the beginning," If the tactics used to try and pass healthcare work we're in for a wild ride

Just a little history : Socialized healthcare has seen success in large countries, just ask the Soviet Union and Cuba......I'm sure Obamacare will work out here just fine.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Cam - There's too few people left with that mindset it seems.

RJ and OK - Makes me sick....Those same people drive up to my store in their (insert full size SUV) with 22" Rims and limo tint, and get medical equipment with their Medicaid coupon. Gotta love abusing the system. Obama-rama has said healthcare is "only the beginning," If the tactics used to try and pass healthcare work we're in for a wild ride

Just a little history : Socialized healthcare has seen success in large countries, just ask the Soviet Union and Cuba......I'm sure Obamacare will work out here just fine.
Yeah this thread has been JACKED like the Republic we live in...

Old 01-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Drifting

Anybody know where I can find the Land Rover forum? I thought it was here but then found out this was a place for political rants. Is the Rover discussions nearby?

Quick Reply: Chicago Parking Warning