Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil Pack Relocation Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 10:13 AM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by dgi 07
Are you are machinst, or have open access to a machine shop?
I design professional mounting and equipment brackets. I access an in-house company machine shop. I can often do some personal stuff i need depending if they are busy or not. But often, they let me.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by chubbs878
Next you are going to post pictures of extending/rerouting the electrical connections for the coil packs? This is a detailed, professional-looking modification. I would probably replicate this if it wasn't for my constantly having to repair or replace something. I can't even go pick up my upgraded driveshafts and switch the rear pinion to a U-joint type because something breaks down just about every day. Fresh top-end on a solid (for now) engine that I can't run because of all these junky parts. I haven't decided if I'm going to crush my truck or get it sold to my worst enemy.

I'll take it...how much

Old 02-04-2017, 01:44 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
As for the moment, waiting for the last connector to make a harness. I'll update
Can't wait to see this!

Old 02-04-2017, 05:40 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

As for the moment, waiting for the last connector to make a harness. I'll update
You found the connectors needed for an extension harness?

Your relocation project looks great.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

You still got it looking great man. Ready to see the finished outcome. Might have to get you to make me that custom bracket set up so I can do the same. I was thinking, you might be able to get a elbow and use on of the intake bolts to use as a wire router over that and keep it away from the alternator.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:55 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
You still got it looking great man. Ready to see the finished outcome. Might have to get you to make me that custom bracket set up so I can do the same. I was thinking, you might be able to get a elbow and use on of the intake bolts to use as a wire router over that and keep it away from the alternator.
Thanks,
Got the wire properly routed towards the other side. The wire clips originally installed at the back of the engine, 2 of them was reused. The wires crossing the alternator is not touching it. The bolt that holds the plastic cover right next to the alternator will be used to secure the other clip. It looks straight across the engine now and its looking neat. Im almost there, the last clips tracking just arrived somewhere in US. Cheers

Old 02-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Pro Wrench

Thanks,
Got the wire properly routed towards the other side. The wire clips originally installed at the back of the engine, 2 of them was reused. The wires crossing the alternator is not touching it. The bolt that holds the plastic cover right next to the alternator will be used to secure the other clip. It looks straight across the engine now and its looking neat. Im almost there, the last clips tracking just arrived somewhere in US. Cheers
good deal. When you get it done, you might have a side job making life easier for us!!!!

Old 02-04-2017, 07:59 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by number9
You found the connectors needed for an extension harness?

Your relocation project looks great.
Thank you. I'm almost there at the final stages. Im not sure if I can reach the connectors from the back of the engine but I have to just to make sure I'll be able to trace the right wires to extend it. Thanks again

Old 02-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Pro Wrench

Thank you. I'm almost there at the final stages. Im not sure if I can reach the connectors from the back of the engine but I have to just to make sure I'll be able to trace the right wires to extend it. Thanks again
i got big hand and can reach them barely behind mind but I'm thinking since you have the coild packs disconnected, you should be able to get to them easy enough if you are lucky enough to have em wired the first time. Got my fingers crossed for ya

Old 02-04-2017, 08:02 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by DailyDrivenTJ
Can't wait to see this!
The last clip for harness just arrived in US so its just few days to make it happen. Almost there. Wires are all measured up already and extended to all points of connection. Plug and play. I'm hoping.

Quick Reply: Coil Pack Relocation Project