Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering to buying this Disco but has a small prob

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Considering to buying this Disco but has a small prob

Hi there, first of all I am in noway a disco or land rover noob. I've had discos and Range Rovers for almost last 4 years and know my way a little around them,

I just saw this silver 98 disco with around 143k miles on it, Everything is in good nick except for 3 small rust bubbles on the body and a little fender bender damage on the front. Both of these don't worry me.

My concern are the interior and exterior lights. When the parking lights are switched on everything is OK except that the blue high beam indicator is on, when full lights are switched on all the interior lights the dash center console gear indicator lights go off . The owner is saying its the light stalk, the one on the left of the steering, If thats the case I really dont mind.

What do all the Disco Gurus thinks could it be a faulty stalk/switch. Other than this is all good as a 98 can be

Thanks in advance

DD

Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Considering to buying this Disco but has a small prob

How much is he asking for the truck?
I would stay away from it because of the rust you can't see. Consider taking it to a body shop to see how bad it really is and the cost of repair.
There are far too many D1's on the market to buy a fixer upper unless it is a $1000 deal.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Considering to buying this Disco but has a small prob

Don't worry mike I know what I'm doing, The prices here in Dubai var yfrom the one in US and UK .I'm getting this for around 2700$ and I have access to a full workshop and bodyshop and I pay peanuts if any at all for anywork I get done ( don't ask me why Its a long story ).

You won't find rusted out heaps like you do in the UK and US and the weather is very hot and dry. And I have checked out every place else it doesnt have any rust and even if the whole door rusted out a door costs around $50 from the breakers ( yes compared to you guys stuff is dirt cheap here )

Like I said don't worry about these things, I'm a pretty resourcefull guy. I have even found out that there is 90% possiblity thatlight prob's can be the switch , Only thing replacing the switch and the heater control will be a little tedious and time consuming, which I dont mind and like working on my rigs