Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Considering a Discovery

ORIGINAL: hazletbassist89

ORIGINAL: Jupiter Rover

ORIGINAL: hazletbassist89

It really all depends on what you're looking to do with your car. I was in a similar position to you when I first started driving. I'm 19 now and it's my 2 year anniversary with my 96 Disco SE7 next week. It was my first car, and I really didn't know much about anything mechanical when I first got it, but luckily for me I found this forum and a friend of mine that is a pretty good mechanic. Trust me, you will know a lot about mechanics if you drive one of these long enough.

Anyway, these cars are hit or miss with most people. You hate 'em or you love 'em. If you do get one you will have pretty much the slowest car at school with the worst fuel economy. BUT, you will also have the most capable off road truck, as well as something that is actually really comfortable to drive or ride in. If you get an SE7 you'll have 7 legal seats in there. My friends love driving around in my truck, and I love taking everyone off roading. My jeep buddies are constantly surprised at what my truck can handle.

See that jeep behind me there? He got stuck and he's on 33" tires with huge lift. I'm completely stock.

But anyway, go test drive one, see if you like it. I bet you will.

Did that jeep REALLY get stuck in That Exact same mud hole? Did you make it through?
I think I lucked out because he did get stuck there, and when we were on our way out of there later that day I got stuck going the other way.
NICE. I love discos showing up jeeps. Good job bro.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle

It was quite awesome JP, cause I was with about 9 hardcore jeep heads and they were all like "don't even try man"

[sm=laughat.gif]

Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Rock Crawling

I sometimes shut off the traction control (or it happens on its own) to make things more difficult. I've found I can pick a terrible line on a trail and the TC will pull me right through. I like Jeeps. I like Rovers more.

Cheers,

Pete

Old 10-08-2008, 11:09 PM
7th Gear

thanks guys!! thats tons of great advice!! especially yours tex!!! i pass by cowtown rover everyday i go to school and every time i do i look and stare haha. i'll make sure to go talk to that guy there and see what he has to say. thanks!!