Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant hose pipe broke please help ASAP I need a quick fix

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To be clear are the nipples from the radiator and expansion tank broken or just the plastic hose between them? If just the hose you can replace the entire hose with rubber hose(about 6ft I think). No you don't have to rebleed the system after replacing.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:45 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Madlands
To be clear are the nipples from the radiator and expansion tank broken or just the plastic hose between them? If just the hose you can replace the entire hose with rubber hose(about 6ft I think). No you don't have to rebleed the system after replacing.

#23 is the black plastic pipe Im referring to. One end connects to the coolant expansion tank, the other end travels along the radiator, loops around next to the engine air box then fits into a 1 inch long rubber hose which in turn it connected to the side of the Radiator.

Discovery II Cooling & Heating - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

Old 11-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok I gotcha now. I thought of the pieces on the expansion tank or radiator had broke. That same hose broke on me 2 thanksgivings ago. If you can find a part store open go buy like 8ft of fuel line hose or something similar. You won't need exactly that length but you can cut off extra later. Replace the entire plastic hose with the new hose.

The easier way is to Cut the old rubber hoses off the radiator and expansion tank with a razor blade because it'll be too baked on to pull off. Slide on you new hose to each end, clamp, and go enjoy thanksgiving.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Bleed should be quick and simple since air is at the top of the system . Nothing getting to lower parts

Old 11-28-2013, 02:46 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Madlands
Ok I gotcha now. I thought of the pieces on the expansion tank or radiator had broke. That same hose broke on me 2 thanksgivings ago. If you can find a part store open go buy like 8ft of fuel line hose or something similar. You won't need exactly that length but you can cut off extra later. Replace the entire plastic hose with the new hose.

The easier way is to Cut the old rubber hoses off the radiator

and expansion tank with a razor blade because it'll be too baked on to pull off. Slide on you new hose to each end, clamp, and go enjoy thanksgiving.
My cousin saved the day. He was on the road and verified that Autozone was open, picked me up some clamps and a foot long hose. I just completely removed the small 1 inch long rubber hose on the radiator, attached the new hose and fitted the other end over the plastic tube and clamped both ends. So far so good. I'll upload a pic tonight. Thanks man YOU ROCK and thanksgiving is still on! PS: If your smartphone ever gets wet, turn it off, remove the battery, sim card and micro SD card then put in ziplock bag with some rice. let sit over night and your phone will be good to go! I thought mine was toast...