Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant System Bleed

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 05:35 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

yes, put in the 180 degree.
It cured the 210 F aux fan problem for me.

Land Rover Parts | Rovers North - Print Item Information

Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hankeester
Which item# over at Atlantic British is the 180 tstat? They carry three and one of them says for warm weather climate, I'm assuming that would be the 180 degree one? They don't specify each one in the details of the tstat item.

Its the warm weather one I don't have the part# in front of me right now. I was happier before I got my ultra gauge. I don't know how people get any driving done lol. I am slowly getting used to the 10 to 15 degree differance .some times I just unplug it lol keep us posted with result after you install the new stat!

Old 03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Overlanding

The part you want is PEL500110. This is the warm-weather 180 degree soft-spring stat sold by Land Rover. It is grey in color.

When I ordered this part from Atlantic British about four weeks ago what I actually received was a 180-degree Motorad stat. It was in a "Britparts" box and was labeled PEL500110, but it was off-white in color and had the Motorad name on the housing. The two stats are different so I contacted A-B and eventually returned it.

I then ordered the actual PEL500110 part from BP of Utah. It was in a LR box and was grey in color.

After install last week I noticed 8-10 degree drop in average temps. Now holds a steady 194 on the highway and when crawling thru the Lincoln Tunnel last night into NYC (took about 30 minutes) it never went above 201.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

You don't need an ultragauge.
If the AUX fan comes on when the A/C is off
that means you are above 210F.

IF I hear that fan come on
I'll connect a code reader.

If I see a check engine light -
I'll connect a code reader.

Otherwise, content to have a simple life.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll order the 180 tstat but ill let the other opinion pass on not keeping the ultra gauge hooked up. I have the alarm set for anything over 220 degrees so I don't constantly stare at it unless I notice the temp acting abnormal. That's your only protection on blowing the HG.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by hankeester
Which item# over at Atlantic British is the 180 tstat? They carry three and one of them says for warm weather climate, I'm assuming that would be the 180 degree one? They don't specify each one in the details of the tstat item.

The factory 180 degree thermostat is dark grey, but the one Atlantic British is selling under the factory part number is actually a Motorad part and is an off white. I ordered one expecting the factory item, based on the part number, and their excuse was "We don't go by the part number. That is just to show that it is a 180 degree thermostat". You can buy the Motorad part I received for about $17 cheaper elsewhere and you won't have to feel misled when you receive it.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by mtrionfo
The part you want is PEL500110. This is the warm-weather 180 degree soft-spring stat sold by Land Rover. It is grey in color.

When I ordered this part from Atlantic British about four weeks ago what I actually received was a 180-degree Motorad stat. It was in a "Britparts" box and was labeled PEL500110, but it was off-white in color and had the Motorad name on the housing. The two stats are different so I contacted A-B and eventually returned it.

I then ordered the actual PEL500110 part from BP of Utah. It was in a LR box and was grey in color.

After install last week I noticed 8-10 degree drop in average temps. Now holds a steady 194 on the highway and when crawling thru the Lincoln Tunnel last night into NYC (took about 30 minutes) it never went above 201.

I had the same issue. Seems Atlantic British has decided that truth in advertising isn't necessary. I am running a consistent 194 degrees with the factory thermostat after having my system flushed a few days ago. I wonder in the new thermostat will still lower it more.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

It will lower it.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
4th Gear

Ok so I've followed the Disco Mike procedure since the heat is blowing warmish and I've been hearing the gurgling sound. Problem is even when filling well past the cold fill line I still did not get any coolant coming out of the bleed screw. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong??

Thanks in advance...

Old 03-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miles&milo
Ok so I've followed the Disco Mike procedure since the heat is blowing warmish and I've been hearing the gurgling sound. Problem is even when filling well past the cold fill line I still did not get any coolant coming out of the bleed screw. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong??

Thanks in advance...

I'm trying to jog my memory on this one...I was thinking when I bled mine a month ago, I had to fill way past the cold line in order for it to circulate out the bleed screw. I would keep dumping it in as I think it didn't come out til I had the entire expansion tank about full.

Quick Reply: Coolant System Bleed