Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple tech questions: Brake pulsating and exhaust gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I ran a 2" lift (shocks and coils) with OEM brake lines for a year with hard core wheeling and disconnected sway bars. I wouldn't recommend it until you replace the lies with longer ones, but you're fine.

Also the exhaust bolts. Just tighten them. If you are lucky enough to still have the studs it should be easy. Mine broke off so I drills out the holes and installed through bolts.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingZebra34
I ran a 2" lift (shocks and coils) with OEM brake lines for a year with hard core wheeling and disconnected sway bars. I wouldn't recommend it until you replace the lies with longer ones, but you're fine.

Also the exhaust bolts. Just tighten them. If you are lucky enough to still have the studs it should be easy. Mine broke off so I drills out the holes and installed through bolts.
Good to know. Thanks for the tip. Yeah I managed to fix the problem with the exhaust, just had to use the spare nuts and tighten all the way. But I was lucky cause none of the original studs/nuts broke off on the exhaust, nor did the nuts break off on the shock towers while I was replacing the suspension, so Ive been pretty lucky there. Ive heard lots of stories about those nuts and bolts breaking off and making peoples life a living hell.