Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked Spring? New Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by HBW1020
Western North Carolina
Well darn. If you were closer and don't mind turning wrenches for an afternoon, I'd have a free +3 TF lift for you including shocks and brake lines. Long story, but it would be a right now thing.

Last edited by Charlie_V; 11-10-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes Texas is a bit of a drive. What is the story?

Old 11-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by HBW1020
Yes Texas is a bit of a drive. What is the story?
Buddy abandoned his rover to take care of family. Moved away. It is at a storage lot and he left the papers and keys with me so I paid the storage fees for a couple of months and got a few things from it. I have a three car garage full of rover parts and my Disco is now a weekend jeep type truck instead of a daily driver. He fixed his, mechanically, including a new TF lift, hubs, GBR HD shafts front and back, new halfshafts, etc. Head gaskets, all new engine gaskets and oil pump/front cover. The works. He drove it a block to test his mechanical work and parked it in the street, and it got hit by a drunk, uninsured, driver the next night. He hadn't out insurance in it yet so he was screwed. He had it towed to the lot and it has sat. Zero miles (one block) on the lift, shocks, head gaskets, etc. But he never repaired the front body damage. And I got sick of paying his storage fees (I did get some things off of it with his permission), and it turned into a pumpkin Friday (storage fees overdue) so there is a very limited time to get the rest off, and they generally discourage major auto work on the lot. My shoulder is wrecked to the point that I can barely turn a wrench despite spending years swapping engines twice in a day, etc. as a hobby so there is no use bringing it to my house--not to mention that my sweet wife is tired of me putting parts rovers and other projects in our crowded driveway. I know what is new in it because I helped him do the work. So it is going to get hauled to the junk yard any day now. Hence the right now thing. Tragic. Nothing can be done. At least I got the brand new GBR driveshafts, a timing cover, and just some miscellaneous stuff that any good hoarder with a bad shoulder would want, but the lift really burns me because it is new... even though it has sat, not a speck of rust and no use. I had a nearby forum member lined up to get the parts but the plan fell through at the 11th hour. Nobody's fault; just a happenstance.

Last edited by Charlie_V; 11-10-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that is a real shame. I would be interested in taking the trip out there but with school I am afraid it won't be possible. At least not until a couple weeks from now. I'd hate to see a disco go to waste. I hope someone is able to make use of it's parts before it is gone for good.