Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Fixed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:13 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control Fixed!

Thanks to all the posts here about cruise control, I was able to fix mine. I was loosing about 1MPH per mile. Replacing the vacuum line from the CC diaphram to the pump fixed it right up. Cost: < $5. Satisfaction factor: Very High.

Thanks Everyone
Elliot

Old 10-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Overlanding
Default RE: Cruise Control Fixed!

i cant get my cruise to work, i push the button on the dash it lights up , then I push the set button nothing happens...

Old 10-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

My cruise control dose not work can you show a diagram or step by step how to fix it. Car info 1996 Disco 1.

Thx

Old 10-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Mudding

mr.47 and dofbft,

First, I gather that the Disco I system is a bit different than my Dico II system. There are alot of posts in here on CC issues with varying symptoms and causes (vacuum leaks, brake pedal switchs, computer issues). I would recommend reading those posts for advice on where to start looking on a dead system. Since my system was partially working, it was easier to diagnose. Fortunately, I have the full manual for my truck, and by reading the system description was able to determine that my problem pretty much had to be vacuum related, not electronic. Seems like vacuum leaks are the most common source of problems, also the easiest/cheapest to troubleshoot by trial and error. I replaced the vacuum hose that goes from the CC vacuum pump to the CC diaphram, and put hose clamps on it. That was all it took.

dofbft, on my Disco II I found it a little confusing whether to push the SET paddle switch or pull it. I still can't remember which way is correct. It moves some in both directions, but further in the correct direction. Seems like I always try the wrong way first. Try both ways to make sure you are moving it the correct direction.

Sorry I can't be of more direct help,
Elliot