Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 05:55 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...p2054897.l4276

Attached Thumbnails Cruise Control Help!-brakes.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSport; 01-31-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sjfarbs
No click to best memory , where is the brake switch located exactly? Thanks!
The key needs to be in the on position when you are listening for the brake switch. Also just tap the break. I can hear and fell it around the shifter also when I tap the brake.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Jared9220
I can hear and fell it around the shifter also when I tap the brake.
That's the shift interlock you hear and feel by the shifter. Prevents the vehicle from shifting out of park without your foot on the brake.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hi.. just for the record.... I have been running without the 3rd. breake light for almost six months... and the cruise control works fine... it has been disconnected....

you could check the diaphragm, the one that the rubber hose is connected... works with vacuum from the hose... use a vacuum tool or, no ofense, use your mouth, connect a hose and suck it a little .. you has to feel some resistance and could see the movement of the wire that goes to the throttle body... if no movement or no resistance ... maybe the diaphragm is damaged...

hope thlis help...

Old 02-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect, thanks for the help! Once it stops freaking snowing and ice storming, I will pull some vacuum through the diaphragm is good. From there , I am guessing brake switch and maybe cruise control motor that pulls the diaphragm.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Overlanding

The actuator does indeed hold vacuum! So now we are down to brake switch and actuator motor that pulls the vacuum? If the 3rd brake light does not work , it that a sign of the brake switch being bad?

Old 02-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by sjfarbs
The actuator does indeed hold vacuum! So now we are down to brake switch and actuator motor that pulls the vacuum? If the 3rd brake light does not work , it that a sign of the brake switch being bad?
To me, it does not seem so. If the switch didn't work, then the other two brake lights should not work either. Unless, inside the switch, there is more than one connection for rear lights.

What about putting power to the pump and see if that runs?

Old 02-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by SuperSport
To me, it does not seem so. If the switch didn't work, then the other two brake lights should not work either. Unless, inside the switch, there is more than one connection for rear lights.

What about putting power to the pump and see if that runs?
That is a good idea. Looks like 5 spades on that connector, any idea which one needs the 12v and which one is the ground?

Old 02-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ok.. here I go again,...... check and read at the Rave... in the "DISCOVERY 99MY to 03MY ELECTRICAL LIBRARY"... search for "cruise".... and you get the complete explanation of the control cruise.... also check the electric diagram... see pics...
check the fuses, if not already checked,
engine box... fuse 16 and link 8 ,,,
inside box... fuses 25 and 30 this last one provides the battery for the cruise-ecu...

and last as I understand... the cruise pump .. conector c0228... pin 2 has Earth, pin 5 has battery from the cruise-ecu, pin 4 activate the pump and pin 3 activates a valve... as I read the rave.. correct me if I am wrong... pin 5 is the battery so pin 4 and 3 should receive earth from the cruise-ecu to operate...

hope this info is useful..

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
cruise control.pdf (154.3 KB, 181 views)
File Type: pdf
c0228.pdf (123.3 KB, 180 views)
Old 02-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not trying to Hi-Jack your thread but I told you I would update if a new pump was my fix so here goes.
I got my newly used cruise control pump in the mail today. I swapped the pumps and went for a cruise. I hit the set button on the wheel and BANG.... cruise control. It worked great. It's so nice having it working considering that it never fully worked since the day I bought it.
I need to check the cable at the throttle body to make sure it's adjusted correctly. I was reading the RAVE and it says to set cruise cable gap to 4.0-4.5mm. I'm not sure if I'm measuring from the correct point but 4.0mm seems a bit much. Can someone please confirm how to correctly adjust the cables?

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Help!