Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D1 rear A/C in 04' D2

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1 rear A/C in 04' D2

I have an 04' D2 without rear AC. Its really not a good idea to have a discovery without the rear AC if you live somewhere like phoenix. So ive made up my mind and im deffinetly taking the time and money to fit it with rear AC. Unfortunately I cannot find a disco 2 rear evaporator/blower assemblies. But i have found a disco one rear AC assembly. Does anyone know if this will fit into a D2. Or can anyone refer me to some where that would have D2 assemblies. I need the full assembly not the parts (evap/blower and other miscellaneous) that go into it. Either way something is getting installed into the back that blows cool air. Thanks

Old 08-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

As large as your metro area is there should be salvage yards, especially the u-pull-da-part, where this might be available. Parts vultures feast on the dead. Frequently the seats, fuel pump, alternator, radiator, MAF, radio, and fan go first, along with any external racks or brush bars. One advantage of the DIY yard is you get to learn for free on another chassis before taking a wrench to yours. And of course there are the reliable specialty dismantlers, where you can order up what you want, they take it off the shelf or out of one of their parts vehicles and ship it to you.

I have parts from several D1s and D2s from the three yards I frequent, as well as things to keep my Mercedes and F250 on the road. Think of it as vintage equipment - no one has to know you didn't pay full price. And doing it cheap is part of the fun. $6 for a water pump. $27 for an electric seat in good shape. $3 for a seat control switch. Fresh air, good comrades, take plenty of Gatorade, and don't walk away from your tools too far....