Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash lights

When braking today I heard a beep and then 4 lights on the dash came on. The abs-brake-trc-hill decent failure lights came on . After shutting the truck off, they went off, but came on again awhile later when braking. Anybody have info on what this could be??? Also I want to put sea foam in truck,the oil and gas of course is no problem,but where exactly do you put in engine,I am not familiar with this engine at all, just got truck so please be specific. I assume you can't use the transmission seafoam??? Thanks again TOM

Old 02-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Drifting
Default RE: dash lights

i just got the dash light problem fixed, it's a $3k fix... basicaly it's the abs modulator and the sensors n crap that fail. the dealership claims it's "common" on these trucks but they will not offer a recal for it. in my opinion land rover service is a big crock of **** which is why i will never buy another land rover.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grnrover obviously jumps to conclusions based on only his own experience. The lights coming on is not a concrete indication of a $3K repair bill. The vehicle must be connected to a Autologic, TestBook, or equiv. scanner --- and the fault codes must be retrieved out of the vehicle. In many cases, a repeating ABS sensor (out of range fault)on one (or more) wheels will trigger the lights. Sometimes it is simply a sensor that needs replacement. Other times, it is the hub bearing that has developed too much play, and the sensor air gap can no longer be maintained on that corner. Then-- the hub/bearing assy must be re-newed on that corner.

An ABS Modulator changeout is usually only required when the dreaded "shuttle valve" fault is stored in the computer. And yes-- this is an expensive component. The diagnosis of this system cannot be performed by a general automotive repair shop. They must have the scanner as referenced earlier, and the scan tool represents an investment of more than $10K for a shop. Of course the dealers all have one. Search out a GOOD Land Rover independent repair shop in your area --- and get the straight scoop.

As far as the use of the Sea Foam ---start by adding it to your gas tank per the instructions.If your vehicle is running smooth now, this should suffice.

regards,
Geoman
www.eurotekapg.com

serving the do-it-yourself Land Rover owner/enthusiast

Old 02-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Overlanding

Will do, Thanks alot Geoman

Old 02-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Drifting

like said there are a number of other things that could cause it but from my experience and as well as a friends experience and from what i've heard the repair i've had is the most common..

Old 02-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Three Wheeling

Just had my dash lights (abs, tc, hdc) diagnosed during the 45k service, the diagnostic cost $170 to discover corrosion on the connecter and a loose ground. Fault codes cleared and did not return. BTW the 45k was about $400.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Three Wheeling

Spoke too soon ABS light came back on today.