Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diagnostic tools... best bang for the buck

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 10:24 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cvhyatt
I bought this unit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then added this app to my phone: https://www.obdsoftware.net/software/obdfusion

Pretty cheap but also works well as an digital dashboard.
I saw those, it was on my short list. They looked promising but I couldn't find any good app.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:24 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 894 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
I am quite happy with my Delphi DS150 knockoff off ebay. $34, will read and troubleshoot everything, will not program keys or ECU's. I have used it on my Fords, BMW, Disco, basically everything.
Extinct, what software do you use with the Delphi knockoff?

Old 01-26-2020, 03:35 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,066 Posts

It has special software, there is an excellent thread on it in this forum, do a search

Old 01-27-2020, 08:31 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 634 Posts

I've got a Delphi DS150 also like @Extinct . I use it with an old MacBook with Win7 partition to troubleshoot friend's problems on their cars. It can't reprogram ECU or BCU's but it's good for reading and clearing codes and checking other electrical faults.

Last edited by JUKE179r; 01-27-2020 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:47 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 894 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
It has special software, there is an excellent thread on it in this forum, do a search
If you're talking about the software SuperSport was sharing six years ago, yes, I have that. The problem is that the last time I checked the link to download the software did not work.

I've had a Delphi scanner for a few years now and used it with an old Windows computer still running XP. I now have a Hawkeye and an ABS Amigo, so I wanted to offer the Delphi for free to anyone here, but that would be pointless if the software is no longer readily available. That's why I asked what you use. I wanted to see if there was a different source to help others.

Old 01-27-2020, 01:01 PM
Winching
Received 169 Likes on 108 Posts

Anyone using an Autel 619?
I picked one up a long time ago for cheap.
It’s done basic functions for me - would be a home run to hear someone uses it burp the brakes..

Old 01-27-2020, 02:02 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For just scanning codes and clearing SES lights I absolutely love my Lemur BlueDriver. No Pc or wires - just an app on your phone. It connects via Bluetooth. Always gets updates automatically so it’s always current. Used it on so many vehicles - worth every cent. Best $100 I ever spent...

You can even read and log sensor values in real time...

Old 01-27-2020, 03:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 138 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayFunday
Anyone using an Autel 619?
I picked one up a long time ago for cheap.
It’s done basic functions for me - would be a home run to hear someone uses it burp the brakes..
You can just use speaker wire and a cheap switch to manually fire the ABS pump - no need for software. See below:

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
Take caution!!!!
Take out relay R10 and momentarily jump it with a jumper wire across the #3 & #5 relay sockets.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:08 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
If you're talking about the software SuperSport was sharing six years ago, yes, I have that. The problem is that the last time I checked the link to download the software did not work.

I've had a Delphi scanner for a few years now and used it with an old Windows computer still running XP. I now have a Hawkeye and an ABS Amigo, so I wanted to offer the Delphi for free to anyone here, but that would be pointless if the software is no longer readily available. That's why I asked what you use. I wanted to see if there was a different source to help others.
Did you post in the Delphi thread the issues, or PM SuperSport? I still have the software and have used it through several computer upgrades, currently running on 2 windows 10 computers. Have PM'ed and emailed SuperSport several times, great guy. I could share the software but am not as knowledgeable as he is. Put a post in the Delphi thread so others can find it and I will respond.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:03 AM
Winching
Received 169 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by boston4
You can just use speaker wire and a cheap switch to manually fire the ABS pump - no need for software. See below:
that’s the best description I’ve seen yet for that method. Your right, easy to do. I guess I meant as far as the in-depth features of this cheap OBD2 reader.
min either case just bookmarked that picture
tha k you

Quick Reply: Diagnostic tools... best bang for the buck