Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 1 rear window question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:33 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco 1 rear window question

I just bought a 97, and noticed today that the one of the rear upper windows (the small top one on the driver side) has the outer window and then a second plexiglass window on the inside. The plexiglass is kind of fogged up....

First off, why the plexiglass window on only one side? Is this where air travels to get to the rear air vents? I'd like to cut it out because it looks terrible, but if it's functional, I guess it'll have to be left alone.

Thanks, Al

Old 06-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Disco 1 rear window question

ORIGINAL: razorbak

I just bought a 97, and noticed today that the one of the rear upper windows (the small top one on the driver side) has the outer window and then a second plexiglass window on the inside. The plexiglass is kind of fogged up....

First off, why the plexiglass window on only one side? Is this where air travels to get to the rear air vents? I'd like to cut it out because it looks terrible, but if it's functional, I guess it'll have to be left alone.

Thanks, Al
Same question here in my 98.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Disco 1 rear window question

I have a '95 with the rear HVAC controls, and the Alpine window is used to carry air. In mine, there is an evaporator and blower motor located directly below the window. If you don't have the rear A/C, I don't know if you have a blower motor back there. My guess is that you don't. In which case, the air channel is probably just dead air space.