Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 1999 ACE leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 08:21 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco 1999 ACE leak

So my ACE light turned on and started beeping at me the other day. We got under and while the car is running a liquid is leaking from the hydraulics (on the right side down by the doors you don't even have to get under to see it) I am told and it is about a steady stream of fluid as the car is running. No mechanics in town will even look at my car since it's foreign so any ideas would be great.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:57 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the ace system has a big silver hydraulic valve box that sits under the right hand side of the car. There are 6 lines that that go to the block to provide pressure to the front and rear roll bar actuators and receive pressure from the ace pump and return line. each of the fittings have some o-ring type of seals that will go bad over time and start to leak.

there are other places to get them cheeper but here is the kit.

https://www.roverparts.com/steering/kits/RVW100010/

You will need on of these kits for each pipe. You could just replace the one that is leaking but odds are the rest of them will start leaking too in no time.

Mine had a similar problem but it ended up being that over the years the vibration wore a pin hole in one of my lines spraying fluid everywhere. There was no way to fix my lines and the block has proprietary Land Rover fittings so I ended up doing a crazy mod on mine where I had a machine shop weld some standard hydraulic fittings to my valve box and then ran custom made rubber lines that used all the old fittings from the metal lines. It was not a cheep fix costing just over $700 for the entire job but I really like the ace system and wanted something that was going to be a little more bullet proof with the option to replace lines if they go bad.

The following users liked this post:
boston4 (05-14-2020)