Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco been rolled in ditch and won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 02:09 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco been rolled in ditch and won't start

Hi All,
I went laning the other evening in my D2 TD5 and somehow ended up in a ditch on my side luckily went in passengers side (opposite to the ECU)
but unluckily the ditch had water in the bottom of it and half the car filled with water I was too slow to key the engine off quickly when it touched the water in which it stooled itself then a warning light was flashing and a bong was sounding, so potentially the snorkel sucked up some water. When I got the car out with a tractor I checked the filter and was saturated, underneath the filter was muddy, oily water so was evident that water had been drained back through the turbo. I got pulled home and started looking into what was wrong, I pulled the glow plugs out, dropped the oil (which had a little bit of water present) and the engine bars over fine and no water sprayed out the engine. The starter relay is clicking but the starter is not engaging or making any noise what so ever. But when the battery is re connected the hazards are on permently and the horn sounds 2 times with a 30 sec interval. Could anyone advise me what to do next and what to do in order for my car to be running again ??

Cheers Ben

Old 08-23-2021, 03:04 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

Did you try resetting the ineria switch on firewall? Also, check the condition of the battery, not uncommon for plates to come loose inside, causing damage. If you do get it to eventually crank over and start, l'd imagine your MAF/MAP sensor would be toast and it will probably only idle.

Good luck, hopefully no water made it's way inside cylinders, diesels are not very forgiving when that happens.