Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco HSE with codes P0301 & P0300

Old 11-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:

it was the head gaskets, for good measure put in new spark plugs, spark wires, and a new battery. now just waiting for my new front drive shaft to arrive in the mail and i'll be good to go, thank you discomike and everyon else for their much appreciated help.

Happy Thanksgiving

Old 02-25-2017, 01:04 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowball41
Ok, I changed all the spark plugs out with champions and the car ran fine for a few days. Now it's idling worse and the engine light flashes intermittently, i have since stopped driving the truck and have tracked down what appears to be a very trustworthy and local land rover guy out in maywood, il. Now i brought the truck there and the guy check the codes, cylinder one misfire; since then he's had it for a few days and has changed to fuel injector and both front o2 sensors. I called today and he said the truck was still running rough and he was out of ideas. He told me he worked on the car most the day but he's stuck and asked to keep it for a few more days (at no charge, though i need it fixed so it's for the best) to keep tinkering with while he brainstormed with some of his disco mechanic friends...I'm coming to you guys with any thought, ideas, suggestions...anything at all please advise

What was the name of the shop/guy in Maywood? Any idea if he is still in business? I'm in Berwyn, and while we are going to do what we can on our own, having a "guy" might be helpful.