Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco II Door Lock Actuator Replacement Tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody ever replaced door lock actuators only to find that when you finish buttoning everything up, your window motor no longer works?

Well this happened to me - Twice. I replaced my rear passenger side lock actuator. It works great now. But after reinstalling the actuator and window frame, the window does not roll down. After troubleshooting for an hour or so, I gave up and moved on to the rear driver side actuator. This time I was very careful not to disturb the window motor or lift. But upon completion of the install I tested the window and... nothing.

Both motors were working before I started. So I've done something to screw up both sides, but I don't know what. Could the glass be in a bind because of how I reinstalled the frame? When I push the window button I don't hear the motor running or trying to run. Fuses are good and the multiplugs are connected.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I changed the drivers door actuator few days ago and now I am in a bigger problem. after I took out the old actuator, I connected the new one just to see if it is in working condition or not(i bought it used) before I put it into its place, so I hung the actuator on the door lock just like if the door was closed, and lucked/unlocked the car with success. then I put it into the door and put everything back and closed the door to give it another try but dadaaa, no response to the controller. I tried to lock/unlock it with the key, manually but key doesnt want to turn left or right once it is in the fob. I have been reading posts all day long in here but I guess no other member has the same problem what should I do, can someone please help me?