Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery I vs. II, as first car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
Unless you get a early DI SD trim line they are all going to have duel HVAC, leather, heated seats, cruise, power windows, locks....all standard stuff.
95% have dual sunroofs...and they almost never work.
The fun part is fixing it up. haha. just finding a disco that has been well maintained (and maybe in black?) that runs well is the important thing to me.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend something other than a disco for a first car. They can be cheap to buy, but they are expensive to maintain and repair. They are well known for their problems, and deservedly so. Since you have a budget, this is the kind of vehicle that could easily break it if you get the wrong one. Then you could be out of money with a broken down car thats worth nothing. You're young, save the torture and aggravation for later in life.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:07 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by DiscoWest
I would recommend something other than a disco for a first car. They can be cheap to buy, but they are expensive to maintain and repair. They are well known for their problems, and deservedly so. Since you have a budget, this is the kind of vehicle that could easily break it if you get the wrong one. Then you could be out of money with a broken down car thats worth nothing. You're young, save the torture and aggravation for later in life.
I've looked around a lot, at lots of different stuff. The disco is just what I want. If i have to spend more on it then I would a used camry, so be it. Oh well. Life's too short too live like you're poor.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 7AnitaCross7
I've looked around a lot, at lots of different stuff. The disco is just what I want. If i have to spend more on it then I would a used camry, so be it. Oh well. Life's too short too live like you're poor.
untill you are poor.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:34 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 7AnitaCross7
I'm probably closer to your age than anyone here, and I know EXACTLY what you mean.
No one our age wants to roll up to a high school or college parking lot in a 1989 Camry, no matter how reliable it is. It took me 3 years to save up for my disco and even though people told me to go with a small, reliable car for HS, I bought what I wanted dangit.

NO REGRETS!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:24 AM
4wd High

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
I'm probably closer to your age than anyone here, and I know EXACTLY what you mean.
No one our age wants to roll up to a high school or college parking lot in a 1989 Camry, no matter how reliable it is. It took me 3 years to save up for my disco and even though people told me to go with a small, reliable car for HS, I bought what I wanted dangit.

NO REGRETS!
Very true. I've always been different, and I wanted a different car. period. no boring asian sedans.