Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you wave at other DII's driving by?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Do you wave at other DII's driving by?

Is that weird? I tend to want to wave, but, afraid of rejection, just end up looking at them like some sort of blind deer waiting to see if they nod or something. Am I alone on this?

-Anthony

Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do the same thing, and usually get looks.. I ride a motorcycle and its kinda the same thing...

My favorite thing to do is find a disco in a parking lot and park right next to them. I did that the other day and this chick walked out, looked in the passenger window and said "nice ride"!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Rock Crawling

That's a cool idea (and a funny story.) I think I hesitate because, around here, I don't know if the person is driving it as a status symbol or not.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I always wave at other land rover drivers. Some do not respond, but most do and smile as they wave back! I also try to park beside or near other rovers and have had some leave a note asking for information on my bumper or sliders.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Rock Crawling

Do you wave at the 2012 or newer, too? Or mostly just the DII's?

Old 09-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Mostly D2 and older or older rangies. With the newer models, I usually just nod, and some respond and some do not get it, or are too busy being whoever they are. Actually I try to wave at most any vehicles that is setup for off-road that looks decent regardless of the brand. My wife says I am desperate for someone to play with, as I look at other rigs, but I know that our brand gets a bad rap for snobbery, so I try to make sure I am not the one being the snob when I see another off-road type vehicle.

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 09-13-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 AM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

In California - you may be signaling for a 'bout of road rage in LA or in the Bay Area.

Elsewhere you may just be ignored as crazy.

In Seattle the drivers are passive / aggressive.

In Seattle, you wave at a male driver and you are a male..
You may get more than a wave in return..

I usually flash my high beams like MGB driver's used to do.
Safer.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:12 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

I always beep and wave like a crazy bat out of hell, most ignore but the driver of a Defender "looked down" and waved back lol. I see Rovers like a black sheep in the flock, they stick right out even when I'm not trying to look for them..... doesnt matter what model so long as its a rover I always wave and beep.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I usually wave or flash my lights at another D2. Most people flash back. I do the same for LR3 and LR4's. Not so much Rangie's because I have a preconceived notion that they are uber rich and have not had to go through the hardships that can be wrenching a D2. JK

I also park next to other Discoveries. I actually try to seek them out on my schools campus.

I also went above and beyond one day at UNCC. I saw another 2003 Discovery and I posted a note on the truck, saying "Hey I've got a Discovery 2, and you should make sure that you get your front drive shaft checked. U-joints are not greasable and will explode!- Your friend, look for the blue rover!" I know I'm a total nerd but I like to think I might have helped him out.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wave, and some around here do the light flash. I don't drive my Disco every day, and driving it seems to put me in a good mood which makes me want to wave.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you wave at other DII's driving by?