Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you wave at other DII's driving by?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoRover007
I usually wave or flash my lights at another D2. Most people flash back. I do the same for LR3 and LR4's. Not so much Rangie's because I have a preconceived notion that they are uber rich and have not had to go through the hardships that can be wrenching a D2. JK ...
So, in other words, look for cuts, bruises, or band-aids on the knuckles.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Banned

When i see another D II or D I's I always wave but its a rare event it seems there are very few around me but the ones that are around hang out of their windows and wave like hell so i think they are as excited as I am to see each other!!! I get snobbish looks from most of the jeepers though can you say jealous much? Lmao I have a few rover buds around town but we never cross paths during travel just when they end up in the front lawn it looks like a Rover convention and i love that!

Old 09-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My son and I play "PUNCH ROVER" (our version of punch buggy) and a special double-punch for Defenders....So we are always scoping them out and YES we give a modest salute to the other truck (NEVER A NEWER RR THOUGH-hahaha)

Old 09-14-2012, 08:08 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoRover007
I usually wave or flash my lights at another D2. Most people flash back. I do the same for LR3 and LR4's. Not so much Rangie's because I have a preconceived notion that they are uber rich and have not had to go through the hardships that can be wrenching a D2. JK

I also park next to other Discoveries. I actually try to seek them out on my schools campus.

I also went above and beyond one day at UNCC. I saw another 2003 Discovery and I posted a note on the truck, saying "Hey I've got a Discovery 2, and you should make sure that you get your front drive shaft checked. U-joints are not greasable and will explode!- Your friend, look for the blue rover!" I know I'm a total nerd but I like to think I might have helped him out.
Now that's a true rover enthusiast! Wish there were more people like that around my area lol

Old 09-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Rock Crawling

No way... Mainly because my buddy has a Jeep and he calls it the "Jeep Wave" and I think it is lame. He also makes a big deal out of it every time he passes a Jeep.

So no. Its nothing personal, it just annoys the hell out of me.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

If the vehicle is modified or expedition outfitted I always wave, chances are they're an enthusiast. I wave to other people in my S60R only if they also have an S60R/V70R. I wave to most people on motorcycles but usually not on harley's because they're f*gs and generally don't wave back.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by primussucks
No way... Mainly because my buddy has a Jeep and he calls it the "Jeep Wave" and I think it is lame. He also makes a big deal out of it every time he passes a Jeep.

So no. Its nothing personal, it just annoys the hell out of me.
I was down in Mass for a week and I was driving my cousin's modded Heep around town for the time being and got non-stop waves from other Heeps. But you see one every 10 seconds, so why do they care?

Old 09-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Rock Crawling

That was my thought, too; Jeeps are so common, that you wouldn't think they'd acknowledge each other as much.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't even thought about this in the D2, but I do it all the time on my motorcycle. I'm going to have start being more friendly I guess. I know there are quite a few Rovers around my area, but it's almost rare to see them on the road. Most of them are status symbols, I think.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

The only time I wave is when I'm motioning people around my "to slow moving for them" rig on the highway

Quick Reply: Do you wave at other DII's driving by?