Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing the Disco-2-step

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
People say that about the ABS system, but its not actually true. I replaced my master cylinder and ABS module a couple months ago. I did all of the bleeding the old fashioned way and I've got no issues. The trick is to bleed starting at the master cylinder, then right before the ABS unit, then right after the ABS unit, then bleed at each wheel starting with the closest to the master cylinder and working your way back to the farthest, so front drivers, front passengers, rear drivers, rear passengers. It will take longer, but will work just fine.

True unless you get air trapped in the the ABS module itself. Bleeding before or after won't help. The unit itself would have to be bled.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:26 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 966 Likes on 643 Posts

Mine was a fresh ABS unit I had just pulled apart, there was definitely air in it. Like I said, it can be done, its just time consuming.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:21 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stb616
I've read a lot about the annoying brake pedal issue, but I don't completely understand it.

1st pump, soft/low pedal
quick 1st pump and fast 2nd back on the brake pedal things feel "normal"

I'm close to doing some brake work so I thought I'd see if I can get rid of this too. I've read several people that do a brake job, and replace the hoses but it doesn't fix the issue. And when we're talking about replacing hoses/lines for this issue, we're just talking about the rubber hose at each wheel, right?

So what else can it be and how do figure out what exactly is causing it?

When the pedal is soft/low.....is just a low pedal or are the brakes not evenly applying brake pressure?

Also, does anyone know what the specs are for whether or not Disco rotors can be turned/machined?

Thanks
We were told by one auto parts store we couldn't turn/machine the rotors on our 00 disco 2...another said yeah, and we did...that was last year sometime...no probs