Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't buy new seat switches till you try this...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't buy new seat switches till you try this...

When I bought this 97 disco it had two bad seat switches. I ordered a used drivers seat switch and put it in last night. Much to my dismay it was also bad! It worked better that the one that just came out but was still missing one direction. So I decided that since I had two I might as well tear one apart and see what makes them tick. When you do this just make sure you have a place for all the little steel ***** and springs to fall. There's no sense in trying to keep the pieces in place as you do this... just get a good look at how it's put together as you take the lid off, then dump all the little pieces into a bowl or can or something. Don't forget the phillips screw on the side where the plugs go. One you have it all apart, just take some sandpaper and clean each one of the connection points on the switch and the little rocker arms that make the connections. Put it all back together and you should be in business! Mine works like a charm!! It seems that the little rocker arms gradually get some type of black buildup on them and stop making contact. Just be prepared for a tedious job and make sure you don't lose any of the little springs or steel *****. Now that I've done the drivers side I would guess it would take me maybe 20-30 minutes to do one.