Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Lock Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 06:23 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 387 Likes on 293 Posts

Is your battery fully charged? The recent posts make it sound like you may be draining it to the point that the truck is not functioning reliably. Or, you have engaged the alarm and triggered it which would cause the flashers to activate. Are your horns connected?

Edit: BCU is body control computer. It handles the function of the electronics in the truck like the locking, windows, lighting, seats, etc, and interfaces with the other computers, SLABS, ECU, TCU to change the behavior of the truck under varying conditions.

Last edited by ahab; 05-27-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:10 AM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Well Sir i had to recharge it over the weekend as it was dead. Ill have to check it again now...
Well maybe i did set the alarm off somehow and is why it wont start now and the hazzards are blinking?? However the horn did not go off??
This thing is screwy.

So In my testing I pulled the lighting fuse and put back in and the hazzards went off.
And I ended up taking the horn relay out as it would beep locking ad unlocking while testing..annoying the neighbors
I'm not sure ill have the time tonight to check all this but i will get to it ASAP
thanks again ill keep you posted

Old 05-27-2020, 05:43 PM
Mudding
Default BCU location?

Originally Posted by ahab
Is your battery fully charged? The recent posts make it sound like you may be draining it to the point that the truck is not functioning reliably. Or, you have engaged the alarm and triggered it which would cause the flashers to activate. Are your horns connected?

Edit: BCU is body control computer. It handles the function of the electronics in the truck like the locking, windows, lighting, seats, etc, and interfaces with the other computers, SLABS, ECU, TCU to change the behavior of the truck under varying conditions.
Sorry sorry just wondering where the B
​​CU is, if you can tell me please?

Old 05-27-2020, 05:47 PM
Mudding
Default Lock trouble shooting Video

Originally Posted by Extinct
I have not reviewed the wiring diagram recently but my memory is that there is no separate relay, only the BCU. There are relays in the BCU. I need those videos to help more.
Ok so I have some you tube videos I uploaded for the doortdoor locks I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on ....
Here they are.

Thanks again!😁

Last edited by RoverSE7; 05-27-2020 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:21 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Ok, the no start is defintely a security issue. The horn honk is the BCU telling you that a hood or door is open when you lock it. When you lock or unlock using the dash switch or door rod, do the rear doors lock or unlock?

Old 05-29-2020, 06:30 AM
Mudding

Thanks for responding EXT.
Yeah i figured this "In Alarm" may be the issue with not starting but i don't know how to correct it. I disconnected the battery for a bit maybe to trick it into reset?
That didn't seem to work....
So none of the locks work any longer. The passenger side front and back used to work. The rear door and driver side had the issue to start off..
Now i'm thinking because this alarm issue, it has locked down everything?

Old 05-29-2020, 03:39 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Possible. Since you do not have a key fob you are going to have to use the lock rod in the drivers door. Start by unlocking 3 times in a row. See if it will start. If that does not do it you are going to have to do the reset code. Do a search on the forum - door lock reset code or something to that effect. It is a numbered sequence of locks and unlocks. My guess is that will fix you up.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:01 PM
Mudding

Wow they are definitely complicated.. But probably for the time was a very secured vehicle against theft. I will give that a try.
You have been so helpful... I really appreciate it

Old 07-04-2020, 07:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Door Lock Issues

Your initial issue sounds similar to what's going on with my 04 D2 driver's door lock. I just replaced the window motor and noticed now the door lock isn't working. All the other locks work fine with key fob and central dashboard switch. Driver's door lock does nothing. It will unlock with the inside door handle and will lock (but not unlock) with the tab at the top aft of the door panel. No clicks, no nothing though with the key fob or central switch; didn't think to try with the key and was afraid to try superlocking in case I couldn't undo it... I don't see any broken, kinked or chafed wires. The window fell down a couple times while I was changing out the motor/linkage--could it have damaged any of the linkage? Does this sound more like an actuator or wiring problem? If it's an actuator I'd like to be a little more certain before I shell out the $ for a replacement. If wiring, I'll put the door panel back on and live with it until I can find someone better than me at chasing little wires that may disable the vehicle!

Old 07-13-2020, 02:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Door Lock Issues

Apparently it was just bad timing--went ahead and bought a new lock, installed it and it works just fine. One thing always leads to another but I'll put that in a different thread. I think I reinstalled something incorrectly in the process of putting the door back together. The window is now binding on something on the way up...

As for the replacement of the lock, it actually comes out and goes back in quite easily if you remove the window rails/frame. That is also quite easy if you have a second person to help; if not it might actually be easier to just unbolt the back side of the frame and pull it out of the way. Anyone know where I can get a replacement for the triangle of foam that was inside the side mirror attachment? The original crumbled into foam dust when I tried to get it out of the way to get to the mirror bolts. Probably cheaper to make my own.