Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drip, Drip, Drip. What to do...Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

maybe

Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

I found that while working out of state I was capable of setting more money aside for things and the same could be applied to your situation. Do you have 2 spare vehicles? 1 for the wife and 1 for yourself? If so then take the Disco out of commission for a couple months or more and save up the $$$$. This would make any future overhauls or big jobs easier and less stressful since your not dependent on it as a daily driver plus you can take your time with the work - making sure its done right. I feel for you and I feel exactly the same about my truck. People on here are like "ding it and buy another and start all over" but there exists a level of sentimental value and pride in keeping the truck you have and keep on wrenching at it. Like for my Disco I want to switch out the frame and motor and add the ACE. Also want to get different color paint job and a bunch of other tweeks, The idea being I want to enjoy the truck for generations to come. So if you love your truck that much then I say keep it and try the above mentioned idea as it may be the best bet for you.

If you dont have spare vehicle, you could also invest a couple grand in a cheap car to use while the Disco is being serviced. I may be doing this myself. Either getting a cheap salvaged LR3 HSE or a older 2001 Saab 9-5 Wagon. Cheap car, great gas mileage and lets me focus more on the Disco.

Good luck man and hope you the very best. Glad to hear your still loving your truck.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, the Rover is my "winter" vehicle. I have an 04 Cobra convertible I like to drive in the summer.

Figured this stuff might tighten up the leak for the season so I could tear it down next summer. Thinking I will just live with it in the mean time.