Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver window

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Driver window

ORIGINAL: Blatallic

I just called and no answer, this time Im asking for my complete refund for both parts, and Im going with a different company...Company name is Eurotek Landrover parts....

My car has been in the garage for two weeks because of this....Very aggervating...
If it is eurotekapg.com, geoman is the member here that represents them. PM him if they give you any more grief...They might even be a sponsor on here....

Old 08-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: tailchaser0527

Is Eurotek the company giving u the probs' ?
Yes, but they are over nighting my the correct part...Well thats what they said, I'll see if its true tommorrow...I have to say that this well be my last experience with them...I went with them to save some money since they were a lil cheaper but in the long run, I have paid the price...But looks like it'll get taken care of for now...

Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn. I was planning on gettin my brake parts from them when the time came. Maybe not. The fact that they refused to take back the first wrong part they sent you left me a bit bitter.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Three Wheeling

Got the part in, it looks like this might be the right part.....Guess I'll found out this afternoon....

Old 09-06-2007, 01:32 PM
5th Gear

I had the same problem this past weekend. What POS plastic wheel.

Here is how I fixed it

Home Depot
Nylon SPACERS
I bought a 1" outside diameter spacer that was 3/8" thick/deepand had a hole (inside diameter)large enough to go over the retaining metal (I think 5/8")
I bought a smaller nylon spacer that was (I think) 5/8" outside diameter and had a 3/8" hole (inside diameter)
The idea is that the little axel is 3/8" but the retaining metal is 5/8" (again, measure that I forget for sure)
I cut the small 3/8 spacer so that it was same length as the axel, then sliced it so that I could slide it onto the axel
Now I had an axel that was uniformly 5/8" (again... check that)
Now, I could slide on the 1" spacer and have a wheel
But wait, there is more
That 3/8" thick 1" outside space wheel had to be ground down. The actual wheel rides in that little channel
So I got my dremel out and ground down that 1" outside diameter spacer so that part was the full 1" outside diameter and part was small enough to slide into the channel
Bang... done. Wish I would have taken pictures. I think my wheel is way better than the original.

Sounds complicated, but it was very simple. It took longer to get the panel off then back on that it took to grind down the pieces. I had about 3 hours in the task including travel time and figuring out how to deal with it.

I am selling my Land Rover. I am tired of this kind of crap.

I have a 2003 with 31k miles and going to take a bath on it. I went out and bought a Chevy Truck Z71.

Good Luck