Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's or Passenger's side coil springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Did you see the link I posted? Obviously someone agrees with me.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

well; I have a set of OME 7222 med. duty spring and there is a substancial difference in spring size. No they are not marked right or left.
I remember reading on my RRC LR put taller spring on the drivers side, so I assumed they did it on all vehicles.

Last edited by drowssap; 06-19-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by drowssap
well; I have a set of OME 7222 med. duty spring and there is a substancial difference in spring size. No they are not marked right or left.
I remember reading on my RRC LR but taller spring on the drivers side, so I assumed they did it on all vehicles.
So I've got a set of used OEM D1 springs that came on the axles I'm putting in my defender, and the springs do have different color codes. I'm not sure why the D2 is different.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

I am still not sure why you are still worrying about factory color codes and part numbers.
Go buy a set of either OME, T.T. or Iron Man lifts and enjoy the hell out of your new ride, and yes, put the proper front spring on the drivers side for a level look.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
I am still not sure why you are still worrying about factory color codes and part numbers.
Go buy a set of either OME, T.T. or Iron Man lifts and enjoy the hell out of your new ride, and yes, put the proper front spring on the drivers side for a level look.
I'm not trying to buy a lift. I've already got one.

Please re-read the original post.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Weird, i was just reading Expedition Exchange's thoughts on this subject as i'm shopping for new coils. It does make sense that the weight distribution from side to side on the vehicle differs between RHD and LHD vehicles. It also wouldn't be the first time that a Norther American vehicle had a different suspension spec from the rest of the world if correct. My Subaru Outback is stock 2" + taller than an EU Outback from the same build year (2011)
"DS & PS Springs The DS and PS designations denote "Driver Side" and "Passenger Side". Most Old Man Emu springs are "handed" and intended to be installed to a specific side of the vehicle. We have found this system can work on the Defenders but does not work well on the Discoveries, Range Rover Classics, and P38 Range Rovers. These vehicles usually list toward the passenger side when fitted with handed springs.
To avoid having your vehicle look like a torpedoed steamer, we sell our springs matched from side to side. In other words, the springs you purchase from us will be both DS or both PS.
We believe that the matching of springs generally results in a more level vehicle but provide the DS and PS length specifications for those customers who wish to stay with Old Man Emu's recommendations. Upon request, we can ship you "unmatched springs", i.e., a pair of springs with PS and DS springs."