Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Issue w/ M & S P1668 and P705

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2021 | 08:25 PM
|
Drifting
Default Electrical Issue w/ M & S P1668 and P705

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue. This has been going on for a while, but have some new behavior if anyone has insight. Previously if I would let the engine idle for a long period of time the m & s lights and a crossed out D would flash. First drive since hot weather, ignition on but car not started, left the key (on position) for a few minutes but not running and the lights flashed again with the crossed out D. Cleared the codes with nanocom and the car started. Drove a few miles and the lights came on multiple times and me clearing them each time they came up. Stopped at a gas station tried to start no crank at all, lights on and crossed out D flashing.

Here’s what’s now different, when the lights flashed with the crossed out D I lost power windows, central locking, sunroofs, hazards, and I’m sure more but that’s all I tested. The engine finally started after letting it sit for several hours. Before it did start I noticed it switched from a flashing crossed out D to just a regular flashing D along with the flashing m &s lights and right before it lost the cross out, the red led on the dash flashed once. On the way home it did this a dozen times crossed out flashing D then red led and no crossed out D.
It would seem that the crossed out D possibly means it’s immobilized?
It behaves like it’s some type of electrical short and that it could be affected by heat, today was the first hotter day of the season in Portland at 80 degrees so that be might be a factor? Also lots of soft clicking from behind the dash/cluster. And lots of transmission shifter engage/disengage with the ignition turned on (not running).
I’ve been collecting some used parts to try swapping to see if I can get at the issue just need to decide on a strategy for the order of things.