Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emergency help please....misfirecodes

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default update...update....

Update... so went out to work on car tonight. I had he new 02 bank 2 upstream unconnected. started car idled fine. ses still blinking like a fool.... per my reader on . now I've always used the obdii section to read but constantly get a read error. and have to replug it in a lot. so I tried reading and clearing codes a few times using the obdii like always. but it would still give me the cylinder misfire codes for 2 4 6 8. and im like that's weird. however id did say I had a non functioning 02 sensor. did this a few dozen times.

so then I check and recheck all wires and plugs. and also tttplug in reader and use the diagnose section instead of obdii diagnose., it was a different interface and I had a ses light still blinking...and this time I checkedthe petrol dtcs and cleared them the light went out. I plugged the 02 bac into the harness and continued to restart the car and the lights stayed off... very weird yes...

so I just got back took the car up the freeway 50 miles out and 60 back... no lights no codes... car is in driveway resting. and my exhaust still smelled clean, and also the car performed like its supposed to.. ran through all gears. accelerated slow, medium and hard,,, kicked in overdrive at speed all worked fine... is anyone mystified by this?

Old 07-10-2017, 01:31 AM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Roger, its good to know you were able to solve the problem here. Theres another guy with exactly like your problem 2 4 6 8. Remember to avoid pot holes. LOL. Your rover got shaken really bad. Now your rover is much cleaner than before.
Cheers!

Old 07-10-2017, 06:24 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Gerry for all your help and support with my issues. Your coil pack relocation was a godsend. plus it looks awesome under the bonnet. I really hope this mystery codes stay off for a lot longer this time. the only thing I forgot to write down is that I had taped up the connections at the o2 sensors and wires. but read somewhere else on forums these connections actually breath through the wires and holes into the connectors. so I removed all tape from them as well. and made sure they were routed away from the block so oil cant drip into them at any time

I hope this troubleshooting can help others . I have always been a bit miffed at British electronics. especially the Lucas prince of darkness on my jags and triumphs cycles. didn't think they had a buck toothed cousin in land rovers..

I will do a new thread to update on this in case any code pop back. and for those of you out there reading, and want to write threads. please try to write down the troubleshooting you did and any potential results that act either favorably or unfavorably so the oothers can get a better sense of the issues at hand.

thank you all.

roger.

drops mic...end of thread.