Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Error Code P1535

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Winching
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I was also looking at this code list.. says Land Rover Proprietary list.. Land Rover Discovery II: Proprietary OBDII Codes > Northwest Overland Society > Most Recent

Old 10-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Winching

hmmm Ill check out that oil and also South BEach! lol Im about 45 miles from there but didn't have the adventuremobile like NOW! So much to DO so much to SEE! Ive been using my 1988 ROVER Sterling 825SL and since not many mechanics except me to work on it, I didn't venture off far! lol

Old 10-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by G Reeves
I live in MD and also have a 03 disco. I use shell rotella T6 5/40 synthetic with a mobil 1 M1-301 oil filter. The engine seems to run smoother but that is my subjective opinion. The reason i went for the M1-301 oil filter is on adivce as its a longer filter so giving more filtration, but as they say y'all pay's your money and takes your choice!
So do you always use diesel oil? or just occasionally? I may consider it as long as its not thought to cause any crud holding the 80k motor together to dissolve! lol

Old 10-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Plugs and wires may clear up some, but you have some O2 codes like 0130 (short) and 1129 (exchanged O2 connector) that may still hang around. See attachment for explanation of 1300 and 0300 series codes.
Im betting the prev owner ( dealership ) who changed my coils and wires passed on the new plugs... I just assumed they'd add em since new coils and wires... lol also Im gonna look closer as I bet the wires are cheap... if an occasional misfire on #2 and #8 are coding then and O2 sensor on that side, Ill replace plugs first... then see any changes then O2 sensor and note those changes... it has a " truck" sound on that side also not tapping but more like exhaust leak sound but this is my first disco! lol sounds a little like my older F150 I used to have... it carried me for a few years and even across country from Texas to Florida and I never worried a second! was a great work truck!.. Im going to use my infrared thermometer and look at cylinder temps off the exhaust and see if any difference.. if washing a cylinder or 2 could foul plug or maybe foul O2 sensor causing the "work truck" syndrome sound? lol the slight rough idle "occasionally" is what I hear BTW and of course a whirring whine from A/C.. will tackle that too! lol Im trying to get a video uploaded of engine running and even a startup... not sure what the disco is "supposed to sound like" but I LOVE IT ANYWAY! lol

Old 10-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Winching

here are links to video of my engine... the sound is not a tap pity in real... you know.. iPhone limitations... it sounds more like exhaust.. but who nows! hope this is helpful!
Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On your compressor code, that one comes up when the the compressor is requested but does't engage. Could be the relay sticking, weak clutch (which is pressed on so not a fun fix) or something as simple as a loose connector. A blown fuse can even cause that code but obviously that isn't your issue.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Mobile 1 filters are rated for 10 micron size particles, which is smaller than a lot of filters out there, so they trap more stuff. Or you can go to a WIX 51459, which is a jumbo filter that adds even more oil capacity to the system, however it is 35 micron rated. Human hair is like 100 microns, so we are talking pretty small.

X2 on other AC electrical issues, and my thought of low refrigerant that might be causing shorter cycling times. System might "expect" to be standby for a period of time that short cycling pushes out of spec.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Mobile 1 filters are rated for 10 micron size particles, which is smaller than a lot of filters out there, so they trap more stuff. Or you can go to a WIX 51459, which is a jumbo filter that adds even more oil capacity to the system, however it is 35 micron rated. Human hair is like 100 microns, so we are talking pretty small.

X2 on other AC electrical issues, and my thought of low refrigerant that might be causing shorter cycling times. System might "expect" to be standby for a period of time that short cycling pushes out of spec.
well I think Im going to try that Rotella deisel oil... should I also run the mobile1 filter with that or should I use thats WIX? Engine has 83K

Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

FWIW: The Wix filter I run is a 51515, which is 1.81" shorter than the 51459, but still .84" longer than the OEM filter. It filters to 21 microns versus the 25 (per the Wix website) microns of the 51459. The bypass valve setting of the 51515 matches the OEM filter also. The 51459 is a few PSI lower.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Check your ac pressures. Based on your description, that sounds like you have low freon in the system and it has to build pressure before it starts up.

Quick Reply: Error Code P1535