Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fastest speed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009 | 08:03 AM
mh
Drifting

Spike, 85 must have been nice sitting on the Cordoba's corintian leather!

Anyway, I only topped my disco out at 85.

One time, though, I thought I had it made. It was me, a volvo v40 and a long stretch of highway around Leipzig/Halle... I had her pinned at 150mph, and had been going for a while, then all of the sudden an old man (wearing his old man hat) in a merc. deisel station wagon passed me like I was standing still.

Old 04-08-2009 | 03:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mh
Spike, 85 must have been nice sitting on the Cordoba's corintian leather!

Anyway, I only topped my disco out at 85.

One time, though, I thought I had it made. It was me, a volvo v40 and a long stretch of highway around Leipzig/Halle... I had her pinned at 150mph, and had been going for a while, then all of the sudden an old man (wearing his old man hat) in a merc. deisel station wagon passed me like I was standing still.
That is absoluty hilarious!!

Old 04-08-2009 | 06:45 PM
Winching

I-80 I-90 both are WAY boring! what in the hell were you doing in montana anyway? if you were there more than twice i assume it was job related - since i saw nothing that would generate income (enless snow can somehow make you money...) - i further assume that you were delivering beer - those poor folks GOTTA drink a lot to live there.

on a serious note it looked like a decent place to go 4x4-ing or hide a body.

Old 04-08-2009 | 06:48 PM
|
Winching

Pilzzn3r,

Man, after just having my income taxed 43% for the first time ever, Montana is sounding better by the second.

But, I guess if you're going to forgo society for endless wasteland, you might as well have nice weather.

Argentina... here I come. Lock and load...

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:01 PM
|
Winching

Originally Posted by Spike555
And she shook like the Carpathia on her way to save the Titantic didnt she?
Phil, you're a HOOT man! Uhg... poor folks...

Man, all this talk about motorcycles. I traded an old GMC pickup for a Yamaha Radian 600 a few weeks ago, only to find that I don't actually enjoy riding very much. No music, and if I DO iPod, if an earbud falls out I'm screwed until I stop, and if I did headphones, I couldn't change the track...

What do you do to stay occupied?

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:05 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by pilsner
I-80 I-90 both are WAY boring! what in the hell were you doing in montana anyway? if you were there more than twice i assume it was job related - since i saw nothing that would generate income (enless snow can somehow make you money...) - i further assume that you were delivering beer - those poor folks GOTTA drink a lot to live there.

on a serious note it looked like a decent place to go 4x4-ing or hide a body.
A pile of saw dust will decompose a deer in under 2 weeks, bones and all.
Tires burn hot enough to turn bone into ash.
If it is less than 6 ft under ground animals can still smell it and dig it back up...not good.
You only need finger prints and teeth to make a positive ID, get rid of both of those and no ID.
Tattoo's need to go too.
Hope this helps.

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:13 PM
Winching

i work at a place with an artillery range.
great place for a body - the unexploded ordance (UXOs) keep out passerbys and the holes are already dug. hey i didnt get to be a fat kid by not being lazy..
and one of my best friends is in the making-coordinates-to-hit-with-artillery business.
drop a body in a pre-dug hole, record the coordinates, tell my buddy what spot to hit with WP during the next live fire. presto - no body, no conviction. (hypothetically speaking of course...)

for extra insurance you gotta take off the head and fingers/toes and put them in the local pig pen - pigs will eat anything.

uh, so ive heard... yea...

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:34 PM
Team Owner

About 15 years or so ago two brothers got into a bar fight with some down state hunters who went north for deer season. (northern MI)
They clubbed them in the head, drove their Blazer to the farm and fed the bodies to the pigs.
Took a torch to the Blazer and buried the pieces all over their 100 acre property.
The girlfriend at the time was going to be a witness but got cold feet, packed her car and moved to another state in the middle of the night.
Called her mom and said that shes never coming back.
The police know they did it.
No body no crime.

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:43 PM
|
Winching

...one time I killed like 79 guys in a COD5:WaW match and scored over 1,000 points....

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:47 PM
Team Owner

Call of Duty 4.
I suck but my son rocks.

Army of Two I am pretty good at though.

Quick Reply: Fastest speed...