Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few minor problems.. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few minor problems.. Help?

2000 LR Disco II

First off, these forums are GREAT. They've got me through a badly wired ignition system (someone actually went out to their parking lot at 10PM to get a picture of me to use)... A bad ABS actuator that I fixed myself on the kitchen counter for less than $75, AND the three amigos after a mechanic told me I needed a new trasnmission, I replaced the MAF and my ignition wires and NO MORE 3 Amigos!!

So now I'm looking at more cosmetic, irritating issues, the truck runs GREAT!!

My biggest one.. Rear door latch. Door wouldn't latch closed and I was on my way home... SLAM, it closed, now I can't get it to open. I tried everything short of taking the door off it's hinges..

Left rear passenger door doesn't lock using the lock buttons..

And lastly.. I'm in dire need of a new roof liner.. It's not looking good inside my truck now.

I'm a fairly decent DIYr, but don't be afraid to tell me "It's over your head, bring in the pros!" even though that would spoil ALL my fun!

Old 07-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

take a small screw driver and pop the land rover emblem of the rear door this will give you access to to get a spray lube in on the locking mechanism, they all freeze up.
I would suggest using "seafoam deep creep" cost about $9 a can but it the best stuff out there. I tried Blaster and everything else I found the seafoam deep creep to be the best, just use it sparingly at that price.