Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found my bulbs, TC and ABS lights on, but no HDC

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found my bulbs, TC and ABS lights on, but no HDC

So I noticed a while ago that I was missing a few lights on my dash during a bulb check. I kinda brushed it off, thinking the bulbs were probably dead and it wasn't worth fixing. Tonight, however, I took apart the instrument pack and found that the SES, ABS, and TC lights were all obscured by black tape. So, I took the tape off, put the instrument pack back in, and, surprise, all three of those lights were on. SES light aside (I have that figured out), why would only the TC and ABS lights come on? I know the HDC light works because it comes on for the bulb check then goes out, so I'm not sure if this problem relates to the same issue where the HDC light also illuminates.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=99kinver;397603] all obscured by black tape.[/I] So, I took the tape off, put the instrument pack back in, and, surprise, all three of those lights were on /QUOTE]

That's one way to get those annoying amigos to go away. Theres a number of reasons why those lights could be on, it coukd be anything from a bad shuttle valve, a worn out brake pad, frozen caliper, abs sensor, etc...
I would rent an abs amigo scanner from someone on the forum. That will give you codes for exactly what's going on with your abs system. Look in the classifieds and you will find one to rent for cheap. It will save you a lot of time and money. But as far as those lights being on something is wrong and its causing your abs and t.c. to not function properly.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

So, you need to get your fault codes read and get back to us with the fault code numbers and find a 3 amigo scanner to read those codes.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:01 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
So, you need to get your fault codes read and get back to us with the fault code numbers and find a 3 amigo scanner to read those codes.
FINALLY, today, I made it into a mechanic shop to have the codes read. In fact, it was only a few miles down the road. But now that I have the codes, I'm trying to figure out what they are. They don't appear to be the same as the codes on the RSW Solutions site (for the ABS Amigo). I do know they were read with a Snap-On SOLUS scanner.

In the meantime, I also took the instrument pack apart again, and I actually /did/ find the HDC warning light covered up. I have the three amigos. (I thought the warning light was the same as the regular HDC light). Fun stuff.

Yeah, I even looked right on the display to see what the codes meant, but I only wrote down the numbers. I also had them clear the codes.

And so these codes are:

If anyone has any idea what these could be (now that I'm away from the scanner and the codes are gone), your help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:03 PM
7th Gear

Oh, and I should add that I have bled the brakes and installed new brake pads on all wheels. I used ceramic pads this time to cut the noise. (Akebono on back, and something I can't remember on the front.)