Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Drive Seat not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 08:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Front Drive Seat not working

What is this part and where do I get a replacement.

Seat stopped going forward and backwards. When I hit the seat switch forward or backwards, I noticed this part is clicking and the long white tube looks like something is going on in it, but nothing moves.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Old 06-18-2016, 09:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle

It seems this is called the Forward Back motor. Some research states it is part number 541152RO 1.

Is this a part I will have to get used?

Old 06-18-2016, 10:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

It doesn't appear to be sold separately on the usual parts sites. Probably a used unit from a parts car/junkyard is going to be your best bet.

Have you removed it and opened it up? If there's a simple motor in there, it may be easy to find a replacement for.

Edit: it looks like this might be it, but it's expensive: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-HAK100060

Last edited by batard; 06-18-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:16 AM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

The white tube has a cable in it. If the cable is moving then the motor is working and you have a cable connection issue.

Originally Posted by cybercop

What is this part and where do I get a replacement.

Seat stopped going forward and backwards. When I hit the seat switch forward or backwards, I noticed this part is clicking and the long white tube looks like something is going on in it, but nothing moves.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Old 06-18-2016, 12:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by abran
The white tube has a cable in it. If the cable is moving then the motor is working and you have a cable connection issue.
Is it a cable or a drive shaft. I see something moving in there and thought it was a shaft that was broken.

Is it worth pulling out the seat to just see if there is a connection issue? Is there something to look for that doesnt require pulling the seat?

Old 06-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by cybercop
Is it a cable or a drive shaft. I see something moving in there and thought it was a shaft that was broken.

Is it worth pulling out the seat to just see if there is a connection issue? Is there something to look for that doesnt require pulling the seat?
It's a flexible shaft. I would pull the seat as it is easier than you probably think and will give you more room to work. The hardest part is making sure you don't scratch the interior or door jamb while removing.

Old 07-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by abran
It's a flexible shaft. I would pull the seat as it is easier than you probably think and will give you more room to work. The hardest part is making sure you don't scratch the interior or door jamb while removing.
Ive removed the seats before, so not too scared. Just want to make sure I have everything to fix it before removing it.

Is there a high chance that it is just a cable that has popped out and not actually broken? Is this common. It would be the first time it has ever happened to me.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

had the same thing happen to mine. got a replacement (used) from Paul Grant. installed it myself, works great. the install was pretty easy, although a bit tedious, but not difficult. make sure you've got the right part number. would strongly suggest a used one from one of the guys here on the forum.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by jamestfl
had the same thing happen to mine. got a replacement (used) from Paul Grant. installed it myself, works great. the install was pretty easy, although a bit tedious, but not difficult. make sure you've got the right part number. would strongly suggest a used one from one of the guys here on the forum.
jamestfl, would you have the part number handy?

Old 07-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

it looks like its part no: HAK100040. double check that though.