Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Left Window issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019 | 12:06 PM
|
Drifting
Default Front Left Window issues

A couple days ago all my windows were operating normally.

I took apart the middle console in an effort to ground a couple wires from the radio unit, so I had to disconnect the wires and connectors to the windows and heated seats.

Since then my front left window doesn’t work. All other buttons on that console operate and I’ve taken it apart again to check connections. Replaced the right window connector in the left window hookup and the right window operates fine with that hookup.

When I press the button with the left window connected to it nothing happens. There is zero noise, zero movement, it’s like it’s dead.

That particular window motor was replaced a year or two ago. Any ideas?

Old 02-05-2019 | 09:21 AM
|
Drifting

Bump.

I guess I’m just asking because in other cars I’ve had when the motor went out I would still here a grinding noise when trying to lower.

With this I’m getting zero feedback at the door/window

Old 02-05-2019 | 04:29 PM
Rock Crawling

I dont follow, so you swapped the control button from left to right, and the right side works with the left button installed?

If that is the case, then you've got either a popped fuse or bad motor. Motors don't usually give any warning and just give up.

The noise you heard on other vehicles in the past was cable regulator failing

Old 02-05-2019 | 05:06 PM
|
Drifting

Originally Posted by Llamasayswhat
I dont follow, so you swapped the control button from left to right, and the right side works with the left button installed?

If that is the case, then you've got either a popped fuse or bad motor. Motors don't usually give any warning and just give up.

The noise you heard on other vehicles in the past was cable regulator failing
pretty close. I moved the right window hookup on the control panel into the left window hookup to see if there was a connection loose but the right window continued to operate normally in the left hookup.

Im sure it is the motor but I swear I just saw a receipt for a new one installed not too long ago.