Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump help needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 07:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump help needed

I got my dme tuned by tornado systems from the uk to delete sai thinking that if they just modified the current tune to delete sai I would have to swap fuel pumps, add the 3 wires and plug the evap filter canister under the hood but it turns out they just reverted to a early style tune which changed my mileage and required me plugging that filter in front of the right side firewall, swapping to the earlier style fuel pump and then running 3 new wires to the new extra part on the fuel pump from the dme.

I did all of this and got the car to pass emissions, but a couple weeks later the car started having a harder time and taking more time to start, it got sluggish, then a whining noise began from what sounded like the fuel pump are and now I got two codes p0172 and p0175 and now the car doesnt start. If i turn the motor over long enough there is a noise that appears to be from the fuel pump area that is intermittent and sounds like a screeching.

What ive tried so far is replacing the 30amp fuel pump fuse, swapping the fuel pump yellow relay, unplugging the MAF, unplugging and then plugging back in the inertia sensor, swap another fuel pump in and clearing the codes. Nothing changes. There is power getting to and from the fuse.

Where do you I from here to diagnose and repair this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.