Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Return Line Repair/Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 06:17 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cammyr01
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year :-)

I recently paid a mobile mechanic to replace the fuel pump in my 2001 Disco II. Immediately after the repair fuel began to leak from the rear driver side (this could be due to a slight slant where parked). I have used this same mechanic for repairs on another Disco II - with great results and he didn't take me to the cleaners.

I immediately contacted him when I saw the fuel leaking and he said "something must have chewed through the lines....". Well, I do live in the country, and we do have rodents that like to take up residence in motors. But, no. Nothing chewed through the lines. A friend of mine who does side work came to look at it and told me it is leaking from the fuel return line. Unfortunately he has started a new job that takes him away from our area during the week, and his wife has out her foot down on his weekend repairs.

Sorry for all of the background, however, I am hoping someone here as made this repair and can help walk me through how to do it. I am also hoping it is not too costly, funds are really tight at the moment.

Bueller?? Anyone. Please help me!!
I'm having the same issue on my 2014 lr4 and would love to know anything that you find out