General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Argh! Cut In Fuel Line

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 08:20 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Argh! Cut In Fuel Line

First post so go easy on me! Lol

Our 2004 Disco has 'somehow' sprung a leak in the fuel line... I'm guessing something whacked it when my wife drive over something. The cut/leak is in the fuel delivery line from the take to engine and is located at the frame rail just above and infront of the rear axle on tue pass side.

My issue is, I got under there thinking I could cut out the bad section and just instal a one-way fuel check valve which is something I have wanted to do anyhow. Upon cutting the sucker, I found that its not a braided fuel line but is actually a rubber coated nylon tubing of some sort. I have looked around at dif types of fuel lines and their respective methods of fixing etc but have not found anything on this type of rubber shielded nylon tubing.

My question is.. Is this simply a 5/16 nylon fuel tubing thats rubber coated in that I need to strip back the rubber shielding and simply use a nylon tubing compression fitting? I'm thinging drilling out the inner tubing and using a nipple/barb ended connection wont be a good idea seeing the rubber shielding is not braided.

Any help would be much appreciated... I really would like not to replace the whole line. Thanks in advance guys!

Old 09-04-2015, 12:58 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default fuel line hose

Several years ago, a little birdie told me that LR had a recall on D2 units due to faulty fuel lines that would rub on the frame rail and start to leak. It might be worth your while to take the car to the nearest dealer and see if it had been done, or if you are eligible for a new fuel line as a part of the recall!

Old 09-04-2015, 07:54 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Btfsplik
Several years ago, a little birdie told me that LR had a recall on D2 units due to faulty fuel lines that would rub on the frame rail and start to leak. It might be worth your while to take the car to the nearest dealer and see if it had been done, or if you are eligible for a new fuel line as a part of the recall!

Interesting and thanks for the info, but I would like to install an inline check valve and really need to know if nylon fuel line compression fittings will fit the inner tubing of this fuel line.