Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

had one of those lightbulb moments tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yeah, the lady that was driving it was just as useless as the truck.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:59 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
yeah, the lady that was driving it was just as useless as the truck.
they usually are,,,

Old 03-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

My 17 yr old son knows a guy here in GR who is a professional skateboarder, he skates with him once in awhile.
The guy is 24.
He owns a G-Wagon, a Lancer EVO 8 and a Porsche Boxster convertible.
Did I mention that hes 24?
His G-Wagon has 24" rims on it, with spinners if I remember right.
Did I tell you that he's 24?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now dont you wish you would have pushed your son when he was like 4 to skate every day and get really good at it?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Team Owner

Yes, yes I do.
Maybe he could have bought me a RR.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle

from the time i was 13 till i was like 22 i skateboarded every day almost, i got pretty good, then i got a job... i went skate downtown new orleans last week around in the french quarter... man after not being on a board for a couple years i am no longer very good at all...

Old 03-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Team Owner

My sons lives to skate, he wouldnt work if he didnt have to pay for gas and car insurance.
He carries his board in his trunk and anytime he can...he's pushin' wood.
There is a small public skate park not far from home, he and his buddies hang out there all the time, there is also a indoor skate park called "Modern Skate and Surf", they have a big bowl and ramps from small to big, they even have a 20' half pipe that you can drop in on.
They also have stairs and anything else that you could want to break your arm on.
I used to be the "cool dad", then I almost killed myself doing a stunt on a BMX bike, so now I am the "Rover dad".
I will ask him the name of that skate boarder when he gets home from school today.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:17 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
My 17 yr old son knows a guy here in GR who is a professional skateboarder, he skates with him once in awhile.
The guy is 24.
He owns a G-Wagon, a Lancer EVO 8 and a Porsche Boxster convertible.
Did I mention that hes 24?
His G-Wagon has 24" rims on it, with spinners if I remember right.
Did I tell you that he's 24?

so he owns a useless SUV made even more useless by the addition of 24" idiot wheels,,, a lancer which although is nothing to snuff at, is for young kids who have not acquired real taste in cars yet,,,

and a boxster,,, well i am biased on the basis that i am a ferrari fanatic but a boxster is what i refer to as a secretary car. its a girls Porsche.

now that being said at 24 i had a 99' chevy S10 for getting to work and back. my ferrari 308, a nitrous injected suzuki hayabusa and a ducati 748R race bike.

but i was busting my but working,,,have not been married or any of that nonsense.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle

dollar for dollar and evo can't really be beat by much...

Old 03-30-2009, 03:10 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

A G55 was never actually intended to go off road as defined by most Rover owners. Off road to a G55, or any Mercedes SUV, is a dirt road to the ski slope. The G-wagon used to be a good off road platform until Mercedes figured out that if they put 24" rims on it they could sell a brick to people wanting to look like they go off road. The Mercedes I want is a Unimog. The only Mercedes that can actually go off road.

I love the looks of the D2. Only reason I would even consider a LR3 is for the extra power and towing capacity. The next vehicle I purchase will my replace my Dodge pickup so I need something that has at least the same towing capacity as that. I own a 7000 pound gross weight trailer that I usually have loaded to gross when I tow it. I did see a LR3 that was a dealer service loaner last time I went to grab a few parts. It was white and had some surprisingly decent tires on it. That was the only LR3 I have seen in person that I would consider buying. It didn't look quite a plastic as the rest.

Quick Reply: had one of those lightbulb moments tonight