Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ordered parts from John Craddock in the UK?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Has anyone ordered parts from John Craddock in the UK?

Someone in my Land Rover Club suggested this supplier in the UK. I've been wanting to swap out the OEM brake lines with the longer SS ones. This place has the Terrafirma Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses +50mm Length for Discovery 2 for £33.11 which is like $54 which even with shipping will beat out the ones sold here.

TF610L - Terrafirma Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses +50mm Length for Discovery 2

Old 02-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

purchased from craddock, paddock, rimmer, island, and a few others. always had good results. they usually send a confirmation email with exact shipping costs (or have the option to do so) before completing transaction. i've never had to deal with a return, though.

Last edited by dusty1; 02-05-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I have ordered from LRdirect, Brookwells and British Parts UK. LRdirect & British Parts UK have an online shipping calc for the US.

Lrdirect has them for £28.10+£11.9 S&H - TF610L-TERRAFIRMA Terrafirma +50Mm Stainless Ste-Land Rover Parts Direct
Thats round $65 shipped.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I find it most interesting that one can order various LR parts from UK, get them in good order; little shipping time, at quite a lot less cost than one can get them right here in USA, including the shipping costs from UK. At least that has been my experience. Further, one well known big LR parts dealer here in USA told me that they didn't stock such and such part I was looking for, but they could order it, 3 to 6 week wait, while wanting much more for it than if I were to order it myself from UK, including the shipping. When I bought my Hawkeye diagnostic scanner from UK supplier, I saved around $200. so go figure!!!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds Like a conspiracy. :-) This is interesting, I was considering some parts from the UK myself. MAybe Offroad France will respond I this he is actually a Chap from the UK

Old 02-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

I have saved $100 + on the exact same single item, even with shipping air mail. But the bulk inventory that our u.s. Retailers carry usually makes it a smidge less or the same, with their wholesale purchase price and combined shipping savings.....Not always.

Last edited by dusty1; 02-05-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

I've ordered from every LR outlet in the UK. It depends on what you want and whether you want genuine OEM or spurious. Most of the mentioned companies offer both options. Nearly all LR regular outlets are reliable and sell exactly what you ask for but you need to watch for the special offers as well. Beware, some of these companies charge a fortune to ship outside of the UK. The regular best I've found are:- JGS4x4, LR Direct, Rimmer Bros, Island 4x4, Craddock, Padoock, DLS formerly Derbyshire Landrover Centre, there are others but they are the main players. If you see another company and you're not sure of the provenance just whizz me an e-mail or contact and I'll get them checked out for you, I've have a lot of contacts in the motor business, particularly in Landrover dealers and LR spares.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having been in the LR buissnes in the Uk then I have had lots of dealing with most of these suppliers and they usually very good. Persoanlly I always deal with Bearmach. These I have found to be the best parts for a resonable price. I have had lots of issues with different parts from Britpart, know as Sh*tpart in the Uk. Yes they are cheaper but they dont last.

I still cannot understand why the parts are soooooo expensive over here when these parts can be found cheaper even with the shipping in the Uk????? must be a conspiracy!!!

I also still have lots of contacts in the Uk and if you need to know of any companies then let me know and I will find about them for you.

Best piece of advice is to goto one of the larger companies who specalise in over seas delivery

Old 02-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Old 02-06-2014, 02:23 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Quick Reply: Has anyone ordered parts from John Craddock in the UK?