Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDC warning fault light stays on, no other warning lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 11:13 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HDC light is on.

Hi, anybody know what the problem with my 2003 Land Rover, Freelander is when HDC light is on, and when i put it in drive it takes alot of pressing on the gas pedal to make it move forward although reverse works like normal. HDC light is the only light on, no ABS or any other lights are on.

Old 11-09-2019, 11:22 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cipher982
Hey guys, I've been trying to trouble-shoot a problem for a couple days now. My HDC warning fault light comes on whenever I turn the ignition to ON or whenever the engine is running. But my other similar fault lights, such as ABS or TC, do NOT come on. Every thread I've tried to search and read includes issues with the three amigos, but mine doesn't involve those.

I read through some online service manual I found googling and for some reason it says when only the HDC light is illuminated it means a fault with the brake lamps relay? Not sure why a problem with brake lights would cause that, but thats what the manual says. I had a friend press the brake pedal and they all seem to light up correctly. What else could be causing this fault to light up?

To sum it up. The lower HDC fault light is constantly illuminated whenever ignition is ON (The upper HDC light is not on). My TC and ABS lights do NOT come on.
Hi cipher982, i was wondering did you ever find out what the problem with HDC on your rover was? HDC light came on in my 2003 Land Rover, Freelander, as a result it takes alot of pressing on the gas pedal to make it move forward although reverse works like normal. Also it seems like it's not shifting properly.