Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello, my name is Tom and I have an addiction

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:35 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

The road to recovery is more of a rocky trail up a mountain. At least I thought so. Those trails seem to make my sickness worse. Roads are for Range Rover Sports and other lesser vehicles.

I spent 4 hours taking the center of my dash apart yesterday for nothing more than adjusting my stereo system and rerouting wires. I just needed something to do on the Rover and cash is short so it had to be something cheap.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

If I dont admit that I have a problem then ther is no problem, right?

Old 05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The road to recovery is more of a rocky trail up a mountain. At least I thought so.
Ouch, did I admit to Rover abuse? I drive her about 150 highway miles a day, the DD that is... Now that's sickening!

Old 05-01-2009, 06:38 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I never said I had a problem, just an addiction. It's a fine line difference but it's there.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking 12 Step Land Rover Owner Program

1. We acknowledge and accept that we are powerless in controlling our Land Rover Discovery (I or II), and that trying to control our Land Rover Discovery (I or II) makes our lives unmanageable.

2. We have come to believe that a power greater than ourselves (insert preference here) can restore enough order and hope in our lives to move us to a growth framework of fixing and maintaining our Land Rover Discovery (I or II).

3. We make a decision to turn our lives over to this power to the best of our ability, and honestly accept that taking responsibility for ourselves is the only way for our Land Rover Discovery (I or II) to be properly maintained.

4. We make an inventory of ourselves, looking for our mental, emotional, spiritual, mechanical and electrical skills, both assets and liabilities. We look at what we have (tools, extra parts), how we use it, and how we can acquire what we need for our Land Rover Discovery (I or II).

5. Using this inventory as a guide, we admit to ourselves, to God (insert preference here) as we understood Him, and to other caring Land Rover Discovery (I or II) drivers/owners, the exact nature of what is within that is causing ourselves pain and/or problems with our Land Rover Discovery (I or II).

6. We give to God (insert preference here) as we know Him all former pain, hurt, and mistakes, resentments and bitterness, anger, and guilt associated with our Land Rover Discovery (I or II). We trust that we can let go of the hurt associated with our Land Rover Discovery (I or II) both what we caused and received.

7. We can ask for help, support, and guidance on the Land Rover Forum and be willing to take responsibility for ourselves and to others Land Rover Discovery (I or II) owners.

8. We begin a program of living responsibly for our Land Rover Discovery (I or II), for our own maintenance, both mistakes and successes. We become responsible for our part in relaying information to other Land Rover Discovery (I or II) owners.

9. We make a list of persons (insert Land Rover Forum members here) to whom we want to make amends and commence to do so, except where doing so would cause further pain for other Land Rover Discovery (I or II) owners.

10. We continue to work on our Land Rover Discovery (I or II), each day checking our oil level and other vital fluids including maintenance schedules and asking for feedback from other Land Rover Discovery ( I or II) owners in our attempt to maintain and love our Land Rover Discovery (I or II). We do this through support groups, like the Land Rover Forum.

11. We seek through our own power and a Higher Power (insert preference here), an awareness of our Land Rover Discovery (I or II). We do this through reading, listening, meditation, sharing, and other ways of centering and getting in touch with our Land Rover Discovery (I or II) by getting “greasy” and bloody knuckles if need be. We try to always use proper tools on our Land Rover Discovery (I or II).

12. Having experienced the power of growing toward a wholeness with our Land Rover Discovery (I or II), we find our bodies, minds, and spirits awakened to a new sense of physical and emotional relief from our Land Rover Discovery (I or II) which leaves us open to a new awareness such as bigger tires, lift kits, hi-lift jacks, shocks, light kits, brake kits, winches, front and rear bumpers and other off-road equipment. We seek to explore trails, sand dunes, hunting leases, logging roads and other off-road areas, remembering to “Tread Lightly” and know that we drive the best 4X4XFAR.

And we do this one day at a time.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too, am on the road to recovery, fraught with twists, turns, pitfalls, potholes,
I miss my '96 rr

As we travel that long winding, fallen tree laden, rock strewn, road we take solace in our
brotherhood, for who amongst us hasn't succumed to standing on the gas in the snow?
I miss my '96 rr

I'm sorry, I'm going out now to get my SE7 muddy, it was easier to quit drinking 20yrs ago.