Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi/LO Shifter question

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi/LO Shifter question

Hey guys

Have a question about the HI/LO selector on a 1999 D2. I have installed a D1 CDL shifter but noticed that when I go to select LO the shifter wont move. Now we have not had this truck on the road since we bought it as we are building a new engine for it and fixing all the minor issues before (three amigos, U-joints etc...) we take it on any road trips. The previous owner may have never put it in LO ever and we sure haven't and I recall a friend of mine trying with the original shifter in it to switch to LO but it was stuck then. Now is there a procedure to engage this that I am missing, I read the maual and it says to apply E-brake, put foot on brake, switch to neautral on tranny then select LO.
As I said before we have no engine in this truck right now and no battery so no power so maybe there is some sort of interlock maybe preventing this.

Any help would be great and thanks

Old 12-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe it will not shift into low as there is a solenoid on your t-case that prevents shifting unless the transmission is in neutral. So if you have no power then that solenoid cannot be actuated and therefore no go on shifting to low without power.