Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hidden Compartment Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 01:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Hidden Compartment Ideas

So long story short, I was traveling east from Colorado on I-80 and got pulled over by the Nebraska Highway Patrol. They made up some BS charge about a blinker and proceeded to bring out the dog which indicated drugs in my car. After sitting in the back of a cruiser for 90 minutes in 96 degree heat, they found nothing except for me passed out from heat stroke when they were done.

Watching these fools gave me an idea. They found all the places in the truck including under the passenger seat. They looked under the hood and in the fuse box as well as pulling off my spare cover. They did not look under the truck. So the shelf where the air pump usually sits seems like a good place to mount a box that can be sealed. If you have to carry a firearm or even large amounts of cash, it might be a good option. If you are carrying party favors from Colorado, just fill the box with coffee before you seal it.

The following users liked this post:
skucera (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 05:26 PM
Winching
Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

That there was quite funny

Old 08-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,237 Likes on 1,660 Posts

I’ve had my LR’s looked over and not a single person has ever lifted up the D2 battery cover or the covers on the LR3...

I used to get checked all the time driving down to the Valley from San Antonio (normal check points) and I laughed when the dogs would go nuts & they’d ask to inspect the van. Sadly their dogs were barking up the wrong tree as I had nothing but ATM parts, and bank equipment in the back.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Mudding
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad your're ok ZUKE. Iv'e often thought about a good hidden compartment. I have seen some very stong magnetic boxes. If we used one to carry a small glock, would the dogs alert to the smell of gun powder or solvent? I'd like a good hidden one inside the truck, but CA made it a felony to have one. lol. I'm surprised they pulled you over. Our D2's are pretty low key vehicles. lol

Old 08-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Not in colorado. All the stoners love them. I have hired a civil rights attorney to sue the state. I had to go to the emergency room for IV fluid and cold packs. Missed 3 days of work.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Damn!!

Old 08-28-2019, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

I have a pretty rare little compartment I scored on an SD at a junk yard. It mounts behind the flap where you would access the CD Changer. Makes a cool cubby & I’ve only come across one in all these years. Small hand gun fits perfect in there.

Sadly criminals are catching onto the 30.6/30.7 businesses and the law abiding citizens that respect the law then leave their firearm they normally carry (CHL/LTC/PTC). Criminals then look for vehicles with say a Browning/Magpul sticker on em, break a window and pop open the console or glove box and walk off with your firearm...

Once again Criminals DO NOT obey laws.....

Old 08-28-2019, 06:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle

There are 2 really screwy elements to this story.

I always carry a loaded .45 but I was in colorado to move my daughter into her new college apartment. She had a ***** 9mm so I gave her my .45 cuz her neighborhood is a little sketchy. So no gun when I got searched.

The second was that I was gonna pick up party favors before I left. We went to Longmont to go skydiving but low clouds held us up for 4 hours. So by the time we jumped the dispensaries in longmont were closed so I just headed home with nothing.

God loves me.

The following 2 users liked this post by zuke:
No Doubt (08-30-2019), skucera (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 06:55 PM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Back by the tail door there is a panel that accessed the wiring to the door, that could easily be a hidden conpartment.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:10 PM
Mudding
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Damn, I hope you win brother. I bet they thought for sure you had something in the truck when the dog alerted. Its hard to like law enforcement these days. Arrogant sworn pieces of **** in a lot of agencies. Ive also had the us vs them mentality from them. I better stop packing in the truck. lol

Quick Reply: Hidden Compartment Ideas