Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Idle at Startup

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I had a high idle with rough running. I cleaned everything and communicated alot on this forum. I tried to replace the plugs and wires then the iacv. that produced no results. I took it to a local shop, they said it was the iacv. I brought them a new one, they initialized it but the ecu would lose it once the engine was turned off. So then i still had the high idle. they said the ecu was bad. so i sent it to a shop in California that repairs them. they said that the idle circuit was beyond repair and would require a new board. so i bought one off ebay with a 1 year warranty and took it to the dealership. well they installed it and then told me that the iacv that was installed would not work because it was aftermarket and their computer could not initialize it. so i bought a rover one, had it installed, had it all initialized and it was good to go. i found out later that the shop i took it to tried to diagnose the problem by pulling plugs on sensors while it was running, which could damage the ecu so i have heard, and now seen in my opinion.