Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit a deep mud puddle, lost throttle response for a bit

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 261 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Manbeer
I can agree with that! Odd as it sounds we were coming off a section that came to a large clearing and there were a bunch of guys with trucks that looked like the duck dynasty crew sitting there in chairs staring at us with an odd assortment of pickups including a 60's Ford that was so clean I have no idea how it got there. It literally looked like someone picked it up and set it there. Wife got the heebie jeebies so we scrambled
That's funny. My son and i took our rovers to a park here in east cental Missouri. I had my '04 and he had his '96. When we pulled in we got some looks from the locals. There were lots of pickups, Chevy, Ford, Ram and the occasional Jeeps. Some of the looks we got were not friendly. We wheeled for about an hour or two and left. It was strange being followed around by grown men on quad runners and dirt bikes. Not sure what they were waiting to see. But we had fun and didn't get stuck. In fact his '96 did just as well as my '04. The friendliest people we found were some kids in two jeep Cherokees who reeked of weed and stale cigarettes. We left with trucks dirty enough to match the looks we still got as we drove away.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:05 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
The O2 connectors are very finicky. I had a similar problem after spraying down under the hood at a local car wash a few years ago. I've been trying to devise a practical and effective way to waterproof the 02 connectors. Dielectric grease does not seem to be a good answer, based at least on my experience (see my thread started yesterday).
Can you sleeve them with electrical shrink wrap tube and zip tie the oversized ends afterwards to protect them? Use a paint stripper hot air gun very carefully on the shrink wrap.

Heatshrink - Tubing, Cutting, Printing

Old 02-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jastutte
That's funny. My son and i took our rovers to a park here in east cental Missouri. I had my '04 and he had his '96. When we pulled in we got some looks from the locals. There were lots of pickups, Chevy, Ford, Ram and the occasional Jeeps. Some of the looks we got were not friendly. We wheeled for about an hour or two and left. It was strange being followed around by grown men on quad runners and dirt bikes. Not sure what they were waiting to see. But we had fun and didn't get stuck. In fact his '96 did just as well as my '04. The friendliest people we found were some kids in two jeep Cherokees who reeked of weed and stale cigarettes. We left with trucks dirty enough to match the looks we still got as we drove away.

Yeah, it's odd here because of the divide between the locals and the folks that just cone to visit on weekends and summers. The locals all drive American pickups and Jeeps for the most part, and even though there are a ton of land rovers, they have no idea that they can actually go off road because nobody uses them for that. That is one of the reasons I like them, nothing screams badass more than a lifted luxury suv covered in mud hanging with the best of em