Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much would you pay for this 98 Disco?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How much would you pay for this 98 Disco?

Mike this thread is amazing, and kinda funny, since you end up answering your own problems!

Old 08-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been enjoying it too, it satisfies my curiosity but I don't have to do any work. Plus, you take some really great pictures.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:45 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I kind of chuckled when I read the title of the thread. Reminds me of a catch phrase from an old game show.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Ya Mike, ever thought of killing this thread altogether and start a new one with every subject you attack. Cause its very instructive, but I just think of the poor guy that will try to use the search engine and have to go through 9 pages of all kinds of subjects in his quest for an answer to his question. Chances are that even if this thread has an answer somewhere in there, he'll just pass andmove to another one, and that would be a shame. Now that I think about the subject of this thread is absolutely misleading too.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Darover
Ya Mike, ever thought of killing this thread altogether and start a new one with every subject you attack. Cause its very instructive, but I just think of the poor guy that will try to use the search engine and have to go through 9 pages of all kinds of subjects in his quest for an answer to his question. Chances are that even if this thread has an answer somewhere in there, he'll just pass andmove to another one, and that would be a shame. Now that I think about the subject of this thread is absolutely misleading too.
Your point is a valid one. I'm not fond of how our search results are displayed. One search can give you multiple hitsin that same thread which can give you the same thread multiple times.Gets kinda annoying when searching.

For now I'm still enjoying working on this truck. Mainly because this vehicle is new to me and I'm learning as I go.From my pass experience, the basic mechanical foundation of a LR is no different than most other vehicleout there.Sure aLR component may be a more robustcompared to most, but doing a brake job, suspension repair or small component repaires are allthe same. What I'm saying is that I always read in these forums that you should take the truckto a "LR mechanic" I think that should be changed to a "knowledgeablemechanic"

One thing we can be sure of, as the prices of these trucks keeps dropping,you can expect more folks will probably buy them. Everyone from average car guys to more experience car guys.The type of trucks theymight be buying are trucks that may have notbeen maintained properly, trucks with known common faults, trucks that might need some TLC, the list goes on and on.

Most of themajor repairs on my truck have already been done (engine andbrakes) Now I'm doing misccommon faults repairs.For searching purpose, I would have no problem taking your advise and let this thread to go theweigh side and create a new thread for each topic. I would even be willing to create a seperate new thread on my engine and brake repairs.

Isn't it just moderators who can close threads? As the creator of a thread, do we have the capability to close that thread?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle

You do not have to close this thread, and in fact don't....Way too much valuable information in there. Just stop posting your new findings in there and start new threads regarding the new mods and/or findings every time you come up with something. That way you won't end up with threads that get 9 pages long.

But hey!....It was just a suggestion, Its just that, as said, I find it's a shame that valuable info gets lost in a never ending, multiple subjects thread.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: CandiMan

It is confirmed, it is the door latch spring that is causing my issues. This morning I took apart the drivers door latch to take a look. Sure enough, spring is broken. Time to order some UK springs

let me know where you get the springs. I need 2 as of right now...

Thanks for the pics, now I know what to look for

Old 05-20-2011, 10:50 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm going to bring this thread back, I was wanting to know if he ever got the truck up and running. i doing the same thing to a '96 discovery se I picked up for $700 with the head gasket out on it.

Paul