Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I feel out of place

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008 | 06:21 AM
Winching
Default RE: I feel out of place

I got my Range Rover for the on road manners. AWD is fantastic on road, and on the occasional trek through an unfinished parking lot. You just gotta appreciate the work that goes into any person's vehicle, whether it be lifting or lowering

*Disclaimer - this does not mean I prefer on road to off....That's why I have the Blazer..."4x4 let's you get stuck in places even more unaccessible"

Old 04-08-2008 | 03:45 PM
Three Wheeling

Dont feel bad im in the same position you are son. But believe that this is a Land Rover Family in here. These guys are great and will help you in a heart beat no matter what you're doin to your Rover or better yet whatever it's doing to you. LoL Anyway check out my Disco on cardomain if you get a minute. I wanted to lower mine for a long time now. You can even find an old post under suspension that I started but got no true answer LoL. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2401672Thats my Disco.

Old 04-12-2008 | 11:01 PM
6th Gear

im 24 i have just recently gotton the land rover d2 i just got new drilled slotted brakes havent installed them yet..... i have 17 or 18 inch chrome landrover rims -i put a nice intake on easy - nice borla exaust loud what a difference -real nice rain guards that if someone tried stealing them they would break . I want to soon get the arb bumper that is like a tank and has winch and light mounts already and can smash through anything im told. It looks nicer than anything ive seen and it perfectly fits the d2 plus it has all the mounts already check it out i also want to put on a snorkle but since i put the intake its gonna be tricky. arb snorkles only 400 somthing and theres even cheaper ones. i live on long island and i want a car that can go anyware and survive an accident no problem. and take the occasional off roading trip, but all that on the car city or offroad it looks & sounds sick and its nice to know i can make it through almost anything. i want to do more performance off road work then stero but im going to install some removible subs and then maybe the pioneer navi. let me know what your thinking ive really researched alot and have done quite well on everything so far price and quality

Old 04-13-2008 | 10:56 AM
Rock Crawling

I don't much see a point to owning any SUV be it an LR or any other brand unless you offroad it. They all burn mega gas plus don't handle as well as a car on the highway or around town. An allwheel drive car will do well in the snow plus get good milage. All the suv's I have owned over the years of whatever brand have always been offroaded hard. If we go on a trip where there is no offroading then we drive my wife's Honda. I always try and use my wife's Honda if available. I guess I'm just not into bling. I like the looks I get in my Disco but practicality counts for more with me as to what I drive and when. If I did not offroad then I would not own an SUV.

Old 04-13-2008 | 11:06 AM
Three Wheeling

LoL You know I once had a crazy argument with my supervisor at work. Well it was more of a discussion. He was trying to tell me that I was an Idiot for putting my bigg 22 inch rims on my Disco and that if anything I should have lifted it and put some super swampers. I didnt even know what super swampers were at the time. Anyway my retort was "Well is that what you did to your Chevy pickup?" Of course he said yes! So I turned around and asked him why he did it. He said so he can go anywhere offroad or onroad. I asked him how many times have you actually offroaded since putting all that stuff on? NONE!! LoL So looks like he just blinged out his truck in a different manner. Hey its all about one's style and preference. To each his own you know. Its like driving a Ferrarri or any other car that goes fast. You're never going to legally get it to that speed. So you buy it for? To each his own.

Old 04-13-2008 | 01:41 PM

...Plus, you know your disco with 22's will go more places and look better going there thananything elsewith 22's will. It's all relative.

Old 04-14-2008 | 12:14 AM
6th Gear

NO soon you will see picks on & off road of the beast there is major trails in PA for miles.40$ for the day, im going with a bunch of jeep quys, say you know something happend u had to beast it off roaD, side road a lawn anything, movies recently just want me to have a capable anything in any situation.. 22s there nice and look sick but say you know you felt beast moad you cant do anything for obvious resons i mean ill be driving on the beach and camping 22s gonna deff get a flat if you even go a little crazy, i know as soon as i get it im taking it striaght to the trails with 4 or 5 good friends- im doing 2 inch lift getting the bigest tires possible roof rack and a couple other odds and ends all my friends are jeep enthusists so they pretty much can install anything so no labor just parts. im pretty much putting everything on this thing ill show you all soon