Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need help 99 disco 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 10:47 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help 99 disco 2

have a 1999 landrover discovery 2 replaced head gaskets everything went smooth went to start it , wont crank over , arc the starter it starts then dies if i keep cranking it over it will not try to fire untill i turn key off then it starts and dies , everything worked before now my hazards ,door locks ,windows ,seats wont work and the alarm led wont flash , the s and m on dash flash when turn key to run im at the end dont have a clue on what to do is very nice ride been working on it for a week someone has to know what it is ive tried the eka says to turn key to unlock for 5 seconds you will hear a beep i get nothing oh yea the key used to unlock doors with button but does not work now have changed battery and still nothing help please

Old 09-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

If I can translate this from your text, starter won't turn truck over?

The BCU controls the starter relay and the alarm and immobilization.

The LED on the dash may tell you where the truck thinks it is -

The LED has a dedicated signal from the BCU to indicate the status of the following:

Alarm armed: The LED flashes at 10 Hz with a 50:50 duty cycle for 10 seconds, after which the LED flashes 50ms on, 2 seconds off until the state of the system changes.

Engine immobilised: If the engine is immobilised and the ignition is on, the LED is illuminated continuously. If the engine is immobilised and the ignition is off, the LED flashes 50 ms on, 2 seconds off.

Alarm tampered: If the alarm has been triggered, the LED flashes at 10 Hz with a 50:50 duty cycle.

Handset battery low indicator: If the handset battery is low, the driver's door is open and the ignition is switched off, the LED flashes two pulses of 50 ms on, 50 ms off, every 10 seconds.

So check the LED. May have to lock and unlock like 5 times with hood closed or hood switch held down.

Inertia switch on fire wall could have fuel off.

You may have any number of fuses blown.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:35 PM
3rd Gear

have check all fuses they are good inertia switch is not tripped . when i check codes i get a p0705 which is transindicator and p1668 p1884 the alarm led does not light up at all

Old 09-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Rock Crawling

I would double check all electrical connectors and grounds that you unplugged to do the job

Old 09-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Mudding

Check your battery connections and make sure they are clean and clamped down nice and tight. On the trail yesterday my stereo kept cutting out and then I had flashing M and S indicators on my dash. I shut the truck down and when I tried to restart it, I had no power at all. I popped the hood and found that when I had hit a pothole in the trail 20 minutes earlier it had jarred the positive battery cable clamp off the terminal. Reconnected and everything was fine again.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 PM
3rd Gear

ran ground wire to starter relay .......key works.... engine starts and seams to run fine for a second and dies must turn key back to 1 before it will start then die again , ran ground to seat relay... seats now work, windows still not working , keys still not working with key remote button for door locks, alarm led in dash still not working, flashing m and s still on dash,still no hazard lights....