Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if i am mechanically inclined for americamn cars ,,how difficlut is it with a rover??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 03:55 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if i am mechanically inclined for americamn cars ,,how difficlut is it with a rover??

is it a matter of getting the parts or actually working on the rover, i mean exactly what i am trying to ask is, i know that disco 2 is a foreign auto,,,,i work on my own vehicles,american made chevy,,gmc ford,with the proper tools wrenches etc i can do exactly what a garage or service dealership can do,,,change oil,plugs wires none of the engine stuff or tranny stuff,,,meaning nothing to complicated or nothing that requires having to place vehicle on computer. if its a sensor to be changed or replaced,if ive done on my own vehicle is it all together diffrent on a disco or rover? so in other words can working on a land rover disco 2 be maint friendly to those of us who are mehcanically inclined although not familiar with foreign vehicles?

maestro north carolina !

Old 05-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: if i am mechanically inclined for americamn cars ,,how difficlut is it with a rover??

If you have a problem with your Rover, a little of your mrchanical ability and some of our guideance will get you a long way.
Mike

Old 05-27-2007, 06:40 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: if i am mechanically inclined for americamn cars ,,how difficlut is it with a rover??

I've always owned American cars before I got the Discoand it seems a car is a car. I'm no trained mechanic but Idone some simple work onit in thegarage with no troubles. I'vereplaced plugs and wires,O2 sensors, fuel injectors and a fuel pump. I've also installed new suspension bushings and new springs and shocks. I have my Hayes repair book: although itwas published inEngland and was intended for British configured Discos, it does come in handy.As long as you arenot intimidated by working on cars you should be Ok.